How is it possible for a red-blooded human being to hold a plank for 8 HOURS?? Please enlighten me..

@werby How is it possible to hold a plank that long... same way you get to Carnegie hall...practice. Humans are capable of crazy things with enough time and training.

@werby I mean I can do 45 sec and can't walk the next day but pretty sure I can do 8 hours if I wanted to. I may need 20 years to get there so I will be 80 then, but so what.

Besides If one can do 8 then why not go hogwild and do 9. What's the difference.

@werby When you look at the peak of human performances, you are going to see some VERY weird/amazing things like this. 😂

But it's definitely not the norm at all.

@werby Before I had kids, I was able to hold a plank for 7 minutes. I was in decent shape but I wouldn’t call myself an athlete at all, let alone a top tier one.

I got diastasis rectii from pregnancy and it’s never fully resolved. If you don’t know, that’s when your ab muscles split down the middle. That’s the only reason I can’t do it anymore.

@werby During early Covid I got to where I could do a 12 minute plank - until I got bored by it and moved along. It’s completely incremental - once you get to 3 minutes, just starting adding 30 seconds at a time. Also, I lived alone and would blare loud ass music to get hyped lol

@werby Holding a plank for 3-5 minutes is not elite. While I agree 8 hours is crazy, I just did a plank there and got 3 mins. I don't train planks.

If someone actually consistently trained planks I'm sure they could do a lot longer. It's just uncomfortable and the rewards don't really seem worth it to try and train to get 8 hours.

@werby I am 60 and can hold a 3 minute plank. Any fit person who does some core work regularly should be able to hold a decent length plank. I was up against a young 20 something girl who actually has a 5 minute plank.

I can’t believe an 8 hour plank. Even it it was a matter of strength it would be a problem for blood flow being in that position that long. That is my non-medical opinion.

Back