I’m going back to the office. How did I workout before work again?!

@jenib Depending on the weather/your workplace, you can also wear a dress with black leggings underneath (this works in the summertime if everything is lightweight fabric) and then whip off your dress and put your workout shirt on! Bonus if you can just wear a sports bra to work!

@its_me1945
Prep your toiletries like you would for a flight. Use those tiny bottles and travel sizes (which shouldn’t be too much hassle to carry back and forth daily). You can refill them as you need to.

My Ipsy bag has been an amazing source of supplying myself with tiny toiletries. I ask them to send me pretty much exclusively face care products, so I always have tiny fancy toners, moisturizers, cleansers, etc.

@swenne120 As someone whose face is super sensitive and reactive, I've always been so jealous of people who can do this! I buy multiples of mini versions of my products when I get the chance, but it's so hard to get minis outside of sample kits like that.

@fasonreeman Awww man! That must be so annoying. I think I have skin of steel, especially after having gone through a 6-month round of Accutane a few years ago. I pretty much never have any sort of reactions from using different products.

@its_me1945 You have some great tips!

Commute in your gym sneakers. Leave your heels or flats at work and change them when you get into the office.

I don't know what the rules are in OP's gym, but in my gym you aren't allowed to wear shoes you've worn outside (which is great!). So I would be careful with that one.

@patsy2012 Oh wow! I mean, that seems like a great rule hygienically, but I would def mess up. Curious from others if this is a common thing? I've never heard of a gym having this rule, but there are a whole world of gyms I've never set foot in

Edit: sounds like it's pretty normal! 100% makes sense that it would be more common in places with real winter weather

@1950princess Just want to chime in as a Western European: it does not snow often where I live (not every year) and the rule is enforced in every gym i frequented. I think it's mostly for dirt and pebbles (or water when it rains?).

@robinriley Ah, I only asked because I work for a Japanese company and we have that rule at my job: no street shoes passed a certain line. You have to take them off and carry them to your locker and put on your work shoes.

I live in the U.S. It was weird getting used to it

@7thdayrest We have this rule in many gyms in Canada too. I think U.S. is more the exception rather than the rule in this case - only place I've been to where it's normal to wear outside shoes in the house, in the bedroom and living room/sofa!?

@7thdayrest If you don't mind: is this some kind of dangerous factory? I know some have work shoes to protect your feet (with steel around the toes) in my country. Or in the food industry?

@1950princess It gets gross in winter if people don't change their shoes. Even if you wipe your shoes on the mat after you get in ice freezes in the spaces on the bottom of your shoe then melts salt and dirt all over the gym floor and machines. It's so gross

@joyinsf Why not rent a locker? Do you really need to bring those toiletries home every time? Why can't you split them so you have a little at the gym and a little at home or just buy another set for home. You can also put your chalk and other non-sweaty gym items in in there, plus you can keep your gym shoes in the locker instead of lugging them around.