I only want big arms. Not literally, I still am working out other muscle groups, but I want the biggest bulkiest arms. How do I get them?

lizlugo51

My arms are currently 15.8”. I want to get them as big as possible. I don’t want to hear all the “do compounds” shit. I already do compounds. I want my main focus for my routine to be bigger arms. Big meaty triceps and biceps. Gimme your advice.

Edit: thanks to those who replied answering the question, I’m still reading peoples advice 👍

@tabularasa In my first years dumbbell pull-overs were a staple in my workouts, for back training. I love that movement.

I guess that helped alot in triceps development has an auxiliary muscle. ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

Nowadays I can french-press / skull-crush 45kg (99,2 lb) for 8-10 resp, roughly the same I can do for a standing bicepcurl. So keep at it :)

For context I'm 42 yo, training for 20 years +.

@donnag
Nowadays I can french-press / skull-crush 45kg (99,2 lb) for 8-10 resp, roughly the same I can do for a standing bicepcurl. So keep at it :)

Wow, you are a beast!

I've only been lifting for 1.5 years so hopefully I can get there at some point.

@donnag I'm not shooting you down at all because you are doing something which is absolutely awesome and more than many. But that really isnt much at all, especially after training that long. But it doesn't matter. Keep pushing and doing your thing.

@rose112165
20+ years training and 99lb skull crushers? Two dumbbells, 99lb each, or a bar with 99lb total?

I'm glad you asked for this clarification...I'm doing 40 lb dumbbell bicep curls & 30 lb dumbbell JM press after about 1.5 years of training.

It was kind of disheartening to think I was looking at 20 years of training to get to 100 lb for those exercises!

@tabularasa Biceps benefit comparatively more from chin-ups and rows.

Triceps don't really get the same comparative attention from bench and overhead press, especially the long head.

Focus on programming that prioritizes volume with triceps exercises such as overhead extensions, dips, and pushdowns.

@tabularasa I'm the opposite because for years I relegated pulling movements to an afterthought. I'd do rows and pulldowns and whatnot but they weren't a focus. I was such a heavy presser that my triceps blew up. Arms still looked big though because I had big triceps. I'm not as stupid regarding pulling movements nowadays but my biceps are still lacking in comparison to my triceps.