I walked 50,000 steps a day for 5 days and made a video about it. Please take a look!

eastgrandkids

Hi Reddit! I just uploaded this video on my vegan fitness YouTube channel about walking 50,000 steps for 5 days straight. I would love if you could give the video and myself some support, and please comment below any thoughts. How many steps have YOU gotten in a day? Do you also have a YouTube channel? I would be happy to check out yours as well :) Thanks so much!

@eastgrandkids Nice! I recently (about 3 weeks ago) started walking 10000 steps a day, it has improved my posture, made me stronger in the gym and made me sleep better. Keep it up sister!

edit: I personally feel that a minimum of 10k steps everyday is something more sustainable I can aim for every day, but would be fun to try 50k for 5 days like you did

edit: sry for lots of edits xD

@eastgrandkids I work in overdose prevention and in a ten hour shift I clear 18,000 steps. Would definitely like to get up to 50,000 steps a day but doubt my feet could handle it.

@eastgrandkids My previous job I easily clocked 12k in my 8 hours shift but now my job Im lucky to get 6k in a shift. :( (I dont even get to sit more its just standing still)

HOWEVER I have a flex and a garmin and I feel like my garmin over compensates when my arms move. I notice that if I am moping or sweeping a floor my garmin doesnt count ANY steps because my arms are moving. I'm very curious to see what would happen if I put the flex on my ankle. Do you have a link to that etsy store?

@menicklady I also have a flex and a Garmin. I wear my Garmin on my left wrist and my flex on my right ankle and I think it's pretty accurate.

I get the bands from this Etsy store but there are a ton of others. I just searched "fitbit flex ankle band" and they come right up