10.000 Swings Experience/Review

@kywy Very good review. I don't regret doing it in 2020, but wouldn't do it again. It gets you very good at swings and is a good conditioning tool, but it's incredibly boring and non-diverse. If I recall correctly, I threw in ring pullups and pushups, but that's about it.

@kywy Did this back in the summer, outside. It was super hard but absolutely amazing. Hell on the grip, had to wear gloves the rest of the time after developing a blister UNDER my main callus.

Highly recommend this for those looking for a challenge.

@kywy Jesus. Well, good work I suppose but is there any practical effect to completing 10k swings? I like bragging rights as much as the next guy (or I wouldn't have hiked the GC rim to rim in a day) but this seems like a lot of fuss when compared to the risk of injury and the lack of meaningful gains

am I missing the point?

@maranatha111 Improved swing technique, grip strength and conditioning. My resting heart rate dropped during the challenge (I only ran once per week during the challenge). I did because I couldn't do the things I wanted to do (non kb related injury). It's only four weeks of your life.

@maranatha111 Well, I think all my answers are mentioned in my post. It's a challenge, not a program.

I had a lot of of cardio gains.

And I wouldn't recommend this to a complete beginner.

Just as you wouldn't send an unexperienced person on a superlong hiking trip :)