I [F/26] successfully walked 100,000 steps in ONE day!

@shawn_maune Oooo tell us your Toronto route!!!! I since moved to the UK but did so much walking from Kipling to Union, from Finch to Bloor, York Mills to Union... Only one I never did was to the beaches!

@shawn_maune I am pretty sure the original post is a lady... Anyway, congrats on the achievement, but be a little more of aware, women do plenty of awesome things, but if we assume every feat is done by a man - even when posted on a woman's sub - of course it will feel like only men are achieving things. This really rubbed me the wrong way, sorry...

@bubblegum2021 Oops! That was my bad. I was scrolling through /r/fitness right before and may have gotten that particular post confused with another I had read about a male! It was not my intention.

@shawn_maune Another unit of measurement to put this into context: 30-40k steps is Disneyland and California Adventures in one day if you're an active person going on rides with good wait times. Usually by day 3 is when I really feel the pain.

I def want to do this in the Fall! It's already 110° where I'm at

@viettransdt Yes, I love this! Honestly, walking is so underrated! It's a great form of cardio on it's own, and the fact that people of all ages can spend a day at Disneyland walking around, having a good time, and still get their steps in is amazing! So, thank you for that comparison :)

Well, now that there's more time than ever, I would say this is a great time to accomplish this goal. Best of luck and thank you again for the comment!

@shawn_maune I’m considering doing this too (F/27). Do you have any data on what time you started and how many miles per hour you walked approximately? I plan to do mine mostly on the treadmill for covid safety but I’m not sure how early to get up

@patricia101
Start: 4:25amFinish: 11:40pm

Total time: 19 hours 15 minutes

Technically if you do around 6000 steps per hour (which isn't the worst), it can be done no problem in 19 hours. But it unfortunately didn't work out that way for me because of some road blocks I came across. I believe the photo I posted as proof shows approximately how far I walked each hour.