I went off track for FOUR DAYS and I gained 3 pounds. Just feeling really frustrated. 5’2” SW 125 GW 120 CW 126.6

@adriana28 This stuff used to freak me out too. But after six months now I know what my progress looks like. There are ups and downs with an overall downward trend. Get back on track and don’t flip over one “up”, because you’ll go back down.

@adriana28 I’m just coming back from not tracking/exercising for 4 days as well, and gained 2.2 lbs. I know it’s frustrating to see the number go up, but you’ll be back in the other direction before you know it. Have you had regular BMs? That can also be affected by dietary changes and contribute to a sudden gain. Hang in there and give it a week or two!

@adriana28 If you had your period 2 weeks ago, it maybe ovulation bloat. Since I’ve been tracking my cycles and testing for when I ovulate, I realize I gain more water weight during ovulation than my period!!! Usually 3-4 lbs.

@adriana28 I’m sure it’s just water weight. Or even pre-period weight (like me last Friday). Pee or poo it out, and you’ll shrink back down. Take measurements and focus less on weight.

@adriana28 Highly doubt it’s fat… probably water weight mostly. You would have to eat well over what you burn for at least 7+ days before you’ll even start to gain actual fat. It’s not as simple as one (or a few days) over. ☺️

@adriana28 Don’t worry!! I went off track for a week and gained 8 pounds. It’s all salt and water weight. 4 days back to my routine and I was back at my pre vacation weight.

@adriana28 Yesterday I was 4.3lbs heavier than I am today. I ate 2 slices of pizza the night before that. Pretty sure it was water/sodium weight. So don't worry!! Just get back on track and know that there will be fluctuations like this and it's alright!! You got this!

@adriana28 That happened to me. I went up 6lbs over a big weekend. I almost cried. I lost 3lbs of it the next day but I'm still 3lbs bigger than I was and have now decided to stop drinking. Partially because of weight loss and partially because with bills going up, I can't really afford to piss away money like that!

@jjp Yep it’s such a crappy feeling right :/ I just weighed myself and I’m down 1.2 pounds from yesterday after sticking to my cals/macros and going to keep on eating healthy in hopes that the scale keeps on going down. I’m so with you on the alcohol, I love drinking but it is just so much extra sugar and carbs