Iron cross unlocked after 5 years of struggle

@isop777 Congratulations! I'm glad for your achievement and I really learn something from your passage. Wish you improve yourself continually and have fun every day!

@isop777 You said you didn’t start gymnastics until you were an adult. Did you call around and ask gyms if they’d do private classes with ___age? I’m curious how to go about this myself. Thanks.

@reina85 Hmmm well I just went online and tried to find places that offered open sessions. Most gymnastics gyms will offer open sessions as a way to make money while the kids are in school. I think that private lessons would be okay but probably a bit too expensive for a beginner. For beginners try to find a group class that will be the best bang for buck imo

@isop777 You started gymnastics as an adult? What kind of gym did you find to do that? I feel like all gymnastics gyms around here at for like sub 18 year olds and mostly girls gymnastics teams.

@pistolpete9 Well I started off at a local ymca and then I joined the university adults squad. But for rings you don’t need a gymnastics gym just need a pair of rings and a tree! Good luck with training man!

@isop777 This is awesome congratulations!

I’m 23 and working on getting the iron cross too! I do cross pulls on the cable machines at work, top support on rings with rings turned out (3 sets of 30 seconds) and am currently able to hold a full cross on the easiest setting of an iron cross trainer. I also have the back and front lever unlocked.

It feels like I’m so far away but seeing you make it reminds me that there is an end :)

@isop777 Phenomenal man. I’m taking a break from cross training to further myself in other areas. This is extra impressive in regards to your elbow hyper extension and that you’re doing it on long cable rings!!!

One thing I’d consider, relative to your shakiness, is to drill wide RTO support holds for stability and conditioning. It’d probably make your cross a lot safer and stronger. Keep pushing man :).

What’s next on your list? How tall/heavy are you?

@von20207777 Yeah I was quite shaky wasn’t I!! I didn’t even notice until I reviewed the footage. Hopefully I can be less shaky in the future.

Next goal is to master iron cross and move to Maltese.

I’m 172 cm and 72 kg :)

Back