Is it true a small amount of fat is more visible on petite people?

@jesusisking1 Yes, but it also depends on just how your body stores fat.

I'm an apple shape and tend to store fat in my stomach and boobs, I'd like to get down to 120lbs or maybe smaller but I don't imagine I will ever lose the fat in my stomach completely without being underweight. Even when I was much smaller in my teens, I had a slight belly. It's probably due to other factors as well like stress.

Some women however don't really tend to store fat in their belly, so even at a bigger weight, their stomach is relatively flat.

But weight gain is very obvious on smaller people, in the weight loss subreddits, there are women who are 6", 5'9", even 5'6" and they weigh way more than me around the 180 to 150lb range, but you wouldn't be able to tell because they're taller and so they carry the weight differently.

@jesusisking1 i lost 15 kg expecting to see day and night difference looking at my progress pics (fairly i didn’t take any at my heaviest so maybe 10kg difference). but no it looks like 5 kgs at best.
taller people losing this amount of weight look very different in their pictures, so i thought since i’m short it has to be more obvious, but no. i guess my fat was distributed too evenly.
don’t get me wrong, clothes fit better and i can see it, but if i was to show my pictures to someone - they would need to really focus, like if they were to play “find 5 differences” game

@jesusisking1 dude each pound lost is more noticeable on petite women. when i lost my first 10 pounds (125.9-115) the difference was INSANE. im only an inch shorter than you but it really made a huge difference

@jesusisking1 Yes. 8lbs is the difference between me looking model thin and slightly pudgy. My jawline and ab definition is immediately gone. 15-20 I look out of shape.

@jesusisking1 I think something that highlighted it for me was my sister-in-law asking me how I lost “so much weight” for my wedding about six months later when I had only lost a total of like 7-8 lbs, MAYBE. I went from ~127 to about 119 and some people said that they were worried about my weight which is crazy lol

@jesusisking1 I feel like every lb makes a huge difference—- I’m 5’4 & even 4lbs and my clothes fit differently - over 7-8 & I feel (& look to others) like a completely different person. I can only imagine that this is even more extreme for shorter people. Overall frame size & weight distribution may have something to do with this and Ofc fat gain will be more noticeable in inches than muscle.. I think having a narrow slight frame overall makes this more obvious on me than others my height but it’s only a theory 🤷🏻‍♀️ but I know that a 6-9 lbs gain or loss translates to a 3-4” inch !!!! Difference in various body parts it’s potentially 2 sizes 😂😂 my much taller cousins can gain or lose double that and barely have a change in measurements

@justy90 lol funny u comment this now! It’s been some time since then and i’ve lost 4 lbs ( wasn’t trying super hard ngl) and the difference in my body is crazy! Id still like to lose the last 4 tho

@jesusisking1 Not necessarily, it’s proportional. It’s just as easy for a taller woman to gain a pound of fat as it is for us (calorie surplus) but a) in todays society where food is easily accessible and portions are larger, we gain “easier” since our body needs less calories to function and all that food is readily available for us to eat and be considered “normal” and b) because there is less real estate for the pound of fat to distribute so a pound of fat proportionally is more of our total body percentage than a taller woman.

I can’t do math to save my life but let’s say (with made up numbers) us gaining 6 pounds looks the same as a taller woman gaining 10. Yes, a taller woman gaining 6 pounds compared to us would look different because her body percentage would be less %fat than ours. If you eat according to your body’s needs it’s no harder than it is for anybody else.

Edit: lol I just realized I misread your question a little bit and went on a tangent, my point still stands though. Yes, 8 pounds plus or minus will make more of a difference on you than on a tall woman cuz of proportions

@jesusisking1 Spreading the same weight over a smaller length = less spreading lengthwise means it adds to widthwise far more noticably. 8 lbs is literally the difference between my very unhappy now to my ideal body. Its ALOT.