Jeff Nippard’s New Exercises

@ray0174 I don't have TikTok so I've only seen that first one, the row where he is lying on the ground.

It is not new, he had that one several years ago.

I laughed at the "one of the “no-bs fitness influencers"

Come on... he has good tutorials and he is better than most of them, but very, very repetitive (just like the others) and too much "according to science"

@orthodox_christian One thing that often bothers me is the over-reliance on science to justify fitness advice. Obviously, science rules, I am not anti-science. But sometimes, if 60% of participants in a study respond to a thing, these guys will preach only that thing. Not accounting for the 40% that the study had no impact on. Because everyone's body responds differently to different stimuli.

Jeff sometimes can be one of those guys where it seems that, if a study implied in any way a thing is beneficial ... it ends there. And you end up with 10,000 scientific factoids to consider when trying to get a workout in. I just think there should be a disclaimer when referencing a study, that qualifies who the study was done on and what the full results were. For example, it's not good enough to recommend something to a novice, saying "studies show x"- if the study was done on professional athletes that train every day, on a strict diet, and saw a 2% performance increase in 68% of participants... It's probably pointless to concern a beginner with that. This is where the shit just gets kind of annoying to me. I've often looked up studies these fitness gurus reference, and often this is what I find.

I still like the guys videos, lot of good info, no nonsense approach. Just think there is some nuance people miss

@ray0174 Unfortunately, this is standard for fitness influencers. Too many of them try too hard to differentiate themselves from the crowd and provide new content for your followers. This results in crap like what Jeff Nippard has been putting out lately, with different seemingly "must do" exercises that really are just odd variations of the standard movements that work best.

@ray0174 Jeff wants the bag. I don’t blame him - it’s what he’s built his livelihood around - but his whole shtick is inserting his under-qualified ass into the science-based pigeonhole and hoping, if he sounds smart enough and presents himself like an authority, you won’t question his credentials; dude has a B.S. and acts like he’s in the thick of it. He knows all of this, and if you’ve kept up with his content long enough, you can see every time he gets insecure talking to someone more educated lol.

Now, I get that sounds pretty scathing, but Jeff is generally good. The problem is that there’s only so much to talk about. Fitness influencers have to keep pushing out content for money, but there isn’t really any content that hasn’t been hashed out already. They have to get niche and weird by necessity to survive once they’ve already done their own spin on the basics.

@andrewchase Damn right, Jeff nipples and all those kind of “influencers” just over complicating things that don’t do shit, stay to the basics and lift heavy ass weights

@ray0174 If someone is making things seem overly complicated and constantly coming up with new things you must do, whether it’s training or diet, they are usually trying to sell you something. Once you learn the basic exercises, things should be pretty simple from that point forward.

@uniqueperception Jeff at his own father's funeral like 'Three things I learned from my dad, before his untimely death - first, fishing trips. I find these to be an excellent way to refresh & reset before a busy work block.'