Just watched a large man’s “what I eat in a day” IG real and once again mad at how little we can eat

shieldofangels

I watched this tall, very active man’s what I eat in a day video and what he ate in one day, I would probably eat in 2.5-3 days. Man life doesn’t feel fair sometimes when you’re petite and trying to lose weight!

For anyone curious, in 1 day he ate:
- protein vegan pancakes (note that his portion was probably twice the size i make for myself)
- plate of scrambled Just Egg
- instant ramen w mushrooms and cream cheese added
- 1 slice of bruschetta
- a big plate of roasted potatoes
- GIANT plate of spaghetti and soy crumble
- grilled sandwich w vegan cheese and mock meat
- big glass of soy milk
- full plate of breaded tofu covered in bbq sauce WITH RANCH
- a protein shake

Do you think he seriously eats that much? Or just including extra meals for social media?

edit: “Work on gaining muscle and your TDEE will increase!” Appreciate the advice, but I’m working on it. It’s not gonna change overnight and in the meantime I’m trying to lose ~20 lbs of fat. Trust me I can’t wait til I’m bulking and focusing fully on muscle growth.

@csh97 I can’t imagine all the time spent eating all that! I’ll be tired and want to take a nap but nope, gotta feed my big 6ft active man stomach 😭

@shieldofangels I console myself by saying I’m just very energy efficient. I can do what they can do with 1/3 of the energy (or 1/3 of the calories). I am like the most eco-friendly of humans 😂😭

@shieldofangels This is so real. It especially makes me annoyed when they’re cutting on like 2500 calories. But I am proud that my maintenance has increased significantly over the past few years

@dawn16 It’s usually when you gain weight from increasing muscle mass because your body requires more energy to maintain the muscle. I personally noticed that I was constantly hungry while eating at my maintenance so I slightly increased it and it’s been working well

@pompster2 I found the navy calculator that uses weight/body measurement to determine body fat % to be sufficient for discovering my nutritional needs.

Edit: well that and plugging my information into a proper TDEE calculator

@shieldofangels Having muscle definitely helps. I'm losing weight at 1960 cals a day and it's not too bad! I'm trying to gain 4 lbs more of muscle just so I can eat more.

@raptur3ready I try to be! I enjoy long-distance cycling and obstacle course racing. But I mainly work out so I can eat. I couldn't bear eating less, so I chose to just workout more so I could eat the same as a normal man.

I want to get to the point where I'm maintaining at 2500 because 1900 is still kinda low for me and I do feel pretty hungry after every meal.

Back