Mini bike? Under-desk elliptical? Trying to get more activity in my day

@littleangel94 I also recently got an under desk treadmill and wanted to offer another option. I got the Urevo model due to having higher power and the belt being on the wider side of other options I’d seen. I’ve had it 2.5 weeks and went from ~500 steps a day to 15,000, and that isn’t even using it the full day. I’m really happy with the purchase and bought their stationary bike as well.

@littleangel94 This is the one I bought: REDLIRO Under Desk Bed Treadmill 2 in 1 Walking Machine Portable Space Saving Fitness Motorized Folding Treadmill Electric for Home Office Workout Ind https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0863LMHWZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_LifWQcPUhunJd

It’s decent for how inexpensive it is, though it’s a bit on the small side for my 5’8” stride. I definitely don’t think it would hold up very well to running (a light jog seems okay but I am not a runner so I’ve never given that a try).

@joshuanicholson I recently got a Cubii under desk elliptical (I have the JR2 model). They’re pricey but I’ve been loving it. I can pedal at a slow pace for hours on end without anyone noticing when I’m on camera, and faster when off camera. It has adjustable resistance and is completely silent. And it has a NEAT certification (aka it’s been verified by Mayo clinic to impact NEAT).

I swear this isn’t an ad, but as someone who’s tied to their desk for hours at a time in back-to-back meetings, I really like being able to keep some movement going during the work day.

@emotional Adding onto this as we recently bought a Cubii as well (the one with wheels) and haven't had a great experience. Honestly, the thing keeps moving, so you'd need a mat to put it on and ensure THAT mat doesn't move either. Even on the highest setting, it does almost nothing for me, and I'm not even a fit person. But over a period of 8 hours, I suppose it could do some good... better than nothing.

@jerem Do you think the wheels are what’s making it move? Mine doesn’t move at all although it is on an area rug. I don’t use mine for resistance, just movement / fidgeting type activity so a low resistance is fine for me.

@emotional I think it might be a combination of the wheels and the pushing movement from actually using it. It's good to know the models without wheels don't have that problem lol, definitely could be a good investment then!

@emotional So my hesitation with these has always been ergonomic. I feel like that motion has your feet so far forward compared to your center of gravity that it would tweak out the lower back and hip flexors. How has it been for you?

@natalielovesmusic I haven’t had any issues and I have a history of lower back and hip issues. You can move the position of the elliptical as far or close to your chair as you need and the paddles are big enough that I have the option to move my feet towards the front or back of the paddle.

@eugenekoshanof I strap them on my thigh and spread my legs, us different bands for variety. You can do calve ones as well. Having a standing desk allowed me to do more kicking motion ones which were excellent.

Back