Overweight no more! From 73 kg (Jan 2023) to 65.65 kg (Week 4 March 2023)

ljhgiggles

I started at 73 kg last January 2023 and finally hit 65 kg this week. I'm probably going to target 60 kg and see if I wanted to go down to 55 kg.

Some context:
What my physical activities looks like:
  • Marathon Training. Running 5 days per week with a long run on Sundays.

Currently on a half-marathon training block with average of 40 km per week.

Walking 5 km if doing active recovery.
  • Strength Training.

3 days upper body (biceps, triceps, core).

3 days lower (glutes, quads).

And knee strengthening exercises using hip resistance band.
In terms of nutrition:
  • Intermittent fasting. Just 14 hours fasting.
  • Increased protein intake thru food and whey protein supplement (as recovery drinks)
  • Lesser sugar intake. Pure black coffee in the morning. Minimal sodas.
  • Running hydration is no-sugar electrolyte drink if still in fasting state
  • Other supplements: Vitamin C, Multivitamins. (Planning on taking Zinc before sleep)
Long-term goals:
  • Build good aerobic capacity for my marathon
  • Build lean muscle and strength
  • Minimize injuries during training
https://preview.redd.it/i5xwqcx1wrq...bp&s=2f632001c947cd83c3ad324c1b62f702fd0642d0

@ljhgiggles Hi! How do you structure your strength training and marathon training together in the same day? Do you do them consecutively or in separate times of the day? :) Congrats din!

@dawn16 Previously I do my strength training in the mornings, then the runs in the afternoon. Pero this week I switched them, I now do my runs very early in the morning since mas focus ko talaga ang marathon training ko.

Thank you!

@dawn16 I think depende sa fitness level mo yung magiging plan mo. For a total newbie sa running, I think it's better to start run-walk-run muna. Then slowly aim for 5K, 10K, half-marathon then eventually a full-marathon.

Also, one mistake I have previously is I don't incorporate strength training and nutrtition. So, these two are important as well.

@ioanc Actually, worried din ako if sobrang bilis ng pagbaba ko pero I guess hindi naman since productive pa din naman ako most of the time and hindi naman ako deprived sa mga kinakaen ko. haha

@ljhgiggles I've never cut down on weight so I can't give actual advice. I'd say aim for bmi ideal weight which I believe is already your goal, but that doesn't answer whether you're losing weight too fast or not. You should probably ask someone credible here, but that's still an impressive drop for such a short time!!