Pull-ups and Science

I was just playing with this and found that VLC doesn't have an easy way to view frame number and the timecode was only to nearest second so I found this command for ffmpeg (free download for all platforms) to overlay the frame number over the video. Then I went frame by frame ("e" hotkey in VLC) and recorded the timestamp to where I initiated the pull to when I stopped at the top, subtracted the two and divided by my framerate (30 in most instances) and I came up with 1.9 seconds on the dot (it was a couple months ago and a couple sets deep) I'm interested to try this again and see where i'm at now that I've moved to weighted pullups.

ffmpeg -i input.MOV -vf "drawtext=fontfile=/windows/fonts/Arial.ttf: text=%{frame_num}: x=(w-tw)/2: y=h-(2*lh): fontcolor=black: box=1: boxcolor=white: boxborderw=5: fontsize=20" -y output.mov

Be sure to change the input and output files to match your situation.

@this_dot There's some great stuff on pull ups written by Cody lefever (@nanae15) He's a power lifter but I thought it was pertinent to this post. What he wrote is largely anecdotal (though he does reference some studies) but supports the great stuff you cited in this post. Lefever's post is also very practical, including some approaches to developing your pull-ups.

There's a part 2 as well: