Reached 53.4 KG but Still Have Belly Fat

@typingsound I am nearly the same height as you 5’ 9 and 34 year old. I’m going to share my experience from this year that was like an epiphany. You might like it too :)

About belly fat - I was on a similar boat as you earlier this year for about first 4-5 months. I went down from 73 kg to almost 63 kg (I had a cholesterol-related issue, I was seeing a doctor about it, I’m good now). I was running consistently and eating controlled portions of good quality food (protein, fiber, veggies).

While I was dealing with my cholesterol issue, I thought why not double down on good nutrition and consistent running and try to get rid of all the belly fat. At 63 Kg, I came pretty close to it, but not quite it. I could still see the fat around my belly.

And then one day, I accidentally hit a camera angle where I looked pretty flat stomach and some of my abs were visible too! I was extremely happy about those shots, I showed those pictures to my wife, sent it to some of my other fitness enthusiast friends etc. Even posted on social media. This was one of the biggest milestone for a 34 year old.

And then I looked at the mirror again, only to realize that none of that was real. I was dehydrated at the time, and the camera angle/lights had done the trick. It made me realize that all the pictures we see (not even talking about the steroids usage right now) are extremely fabricated in terms of light, angles, touch ups. None of that is true.

It is good to have some aesthetic goals, but at the same time, the standards are nearly unachievable these days. Especially from a visual point of view.

I have found that endurance and strength are better goals for my happiness, and that’s what I like to focus on now. I’m almost back to 72. Might cut back till 69. :)

@typingsound No offence, just trying to help.
I think now it's a combination of fat and loose skin. You should follow your trainer's advice, start with strength training and make sure you do a lot of lower abs exercise (Not because spot reduction is a thing) but when your muscles grow even with the same body weight you look more lean.

Not to mention that during your Gaining period, if you are strict on your diet you will lose a little bit of fat too. So in my opinion you are good to go!
And honestly your physique looks great! (But I understand we all focus on our weak points)

@typingsound Dude there's no belly fat. You are like half my weight. If you're self conscious then focus on toning that area. You have no reason to lose anymore weight. Keep going

@typingsound Honestly, it looks more like a bit of loose skin from losing weight, maybe a small, miniscule, layer of subdermal fat, but considering the looseness and way it squishes in your fingers, my bet is that it's just a lil bit of loose skin. Derma-rolling and cocoa butter lotion helped me tons with my loose skin after losing weight.

@typingsound Idk what you’re talking about, you look hella fine. Realistically speaking, I find your body type quite attractive, and I’m sure most other girls would agree as well. There’s just something about it that screams “super active” and “high stamina”, if that makes sense, and a lot of ladies find that hot. Whatever way you decide to go next, it’ll only get better, but even with you’re current shape you’re a hottie. Don’t be so hard on yourself!

@typingsound I had a similar issue. Visceral fat can be very stubborn even with consistent exercise and calorie counting. It can feel like you're hitting a wall. For me the key was cutting back on/cutting out sugar. Specifically fructose. The body simply can't process it very well and the liver ends up depositing it as visceral fat. Start by staying under 30 grams or less a day and go from there. Once you notice how much better you look and feel, it'll become self perpetuating to a degree.

@typingsound If you kept losing weight you would become veryyyyyy unhealthy. I’d say your trainer is doing the right thing and making you add more muscle mass. This is a slow process but next time you do a cut you will look even leaner and even better with more muscle on your frame. You have to think long term and you have to think about your overall health.