Recommended Routine – basic level – single sheet printout w/ illustrations

@writewords Is there a way to lower the stress that the Parallel Bar Support Hold puts on the wrist area? It's difficult to concentrate on maintaining position.

@tytyty Not sure if it’s recommended but I imagine wrist wraps used in weightlifting or by gymnasts would help. Also I think the angle your wrists are at makes a big difference.

@tytyty i am NO QUALIFIED EXPERT and i am not your doctor, buuut i have had wrist issues in my own life… so… here are my suggestions, for what they are worth!
  • are you doing the wrist warm up? this seven minute video seems a bit overkill for most people but for you it might be exactly what you need!
  • if you have some light dumbbells you can do some nice work that can strengthen your wrists. back in 2006 I had wrist problems so bad I went to an occupational therapist who recommended I do exercises like these: https://www.verywellhealth.com/wrist-strengthening-exercises-2696622 and I did! and it helped!
  • do you use a computer, play video games, or do or other fine motor work all day? maybe you would benefit from an ergonomic keyboard, voice dictation software, or simply LESS SCREWING AROUND ON YOUR PHONE/COMPUTER/XBOX! 😛
  • if you do the Yuri warmup, the wrist warmup, parallel bars and plank, your wrists should strengthen and feel better over time. If they don’t, consider seeking medical attention!

@writewords EDIT: woops, my bad, nevermind.

One correction, support hold is not 3 sets of 1 minute each.

Current RR recommends just 30 seconds, total. Before that it used to recommend 1 minute total over however many sets were necessary. Such as 3 sets of 20 seconds or 2 of 30s etc.

People did always get it wrong though and overdo it. Maybe that's why they simplified it.