Renaissance Periodization - How To ACTUALLY Build Muscle As Fast As Possible

@massyb Literally the only thing that would require any sort of lifestyle sacrifice would be the 6 days a week.

Don’t come at me with the sleep thing. He says 7 hours. Most people who push back on that are neither that busy nor have some sort of sleep disorder, you just have dogshit sleep hygiene and don’t even try.

@justincann iirc The clear point of this video was to express for the vast majority that this style of training is out of reach, and to emphasize the difference between "fast as possible" and "efficient as possible".

It seems like many here got lost in the confusion of Mike trying to be polite to his guest. He emphasizes multiple times the type of person able to have a second job in the gym is exactly that type of person.

Very ironic (but not?) to see 90% of hardset "natty redditors" being hardset in the wrong message, and of course resort to bullying eachother

@maria28 I did this for like 2 years out of my 15 years of lifting and definitely made the most progress in this time. Good thing it’s easy to maintain gains after you have them.

@mm1992 Being natural it really is. I have a friend that has been lifting for much longer than me and he can skip weeks in the gym and still look good and have a relatively good baseline of strength. I always joke I’ll catch up but I bust my ass in the gym never skipping a workout and he can go weeks without lifting because of life stuff and still go warmup with my squat max on bench lmao

@harley As long as you aren't stressing your system in a different way e.g. training for a marathon, starving on a desert island I have found this to be true. YMMV on the desert island part though

@maria28 I believe it.

Two years ago I decided to go ham. I trained PPL six days a week. I pretty much followed this exactly- and I made insane progress.

You’d be surprised at how much progress you can make optimizing these small things

@abanks125 I literally started this month. PPL six days a week. What was your journey like and how long was it before you started seeing the results you wanted? Big congrats on your progress btw!

@tashiya I’m not a great example because I was detrained at the time. Because of muscle memory I regained and then gained new muscle and strength within maybe 6-9 months

@ugr To be fair it's hard to commit to all of these. 6 days per week is not so easy. I wish I would start way sooner when I had more time to do so.

@dorsetanglican97 Probably even less gains despite more work. Natties need rest. Sure some genetic freaks can get away with it, or people who are weak and people who can tame themselves, who can hold back but for the for vast majority its too much.

Wanted to add, I made my best gains over a semester break, training basically everyday, 2 a day sessions. Got fucking burnt out fast, from non-gym stressors but made incredibly progress in about a month

@confusedgirl98 I once had my home, gym and workplace all within a five minute walk of each other and I also made good progress doing workouts almost every day. I trained abs and biceps every workout. Similar to you I only stopped because of other life factors.