Things I Know Now After Doing the Recommended Routine for 1 Year That I Wish I Knew From the Beginning

@samuelc Yea, as W0lfZZZ mentioned, it's not wrong to do with pronated grip. It's just that supinated grip has more benefits (like better strengthening of the elbow connective tissues and biceps). And yes, depends on your goals. If your goal is not aligned with any of the benefits of supinated grip, then I guess you don't really need to do supinated grip.

As W0lfZZZ mentioned, it will transfer when doing Maltese. And also doing planche and especially for hefesto.

@sydneyelise Thanks. I usually do my levers coming off of a muscle up as part of my warming up routine. So my hands are just already pronated from that. Next time I try levers I'll try it supinated if I remember. Do you do front levers supinated as well?

@samuelc Yea but don't do supinated with full back lever if you are going to try. Should do with lesser versions like tuck or adv tuck so your elbow connective tissues become ready.

Front levers, you do with pronated. Good cue is that for both back levers, and front levers, the palms are facing down.

@brianaxx1012 Biceps curls are said to be great for hyperextended elbows. I believe doing both high volume light weight biceps curl as a prehab and doing moderate volume moderate/high weight as an isolated exercise would be helpful.

@rebirthofcompassion I have somewhat limited knowledge on this one but iirc, doing many reps of lightweight bicep curls as a prehab and doing moderate volume of moderate/high weight bicep curls as an isolated exercise will help prevent injuries when doing straight arm exercises.

@sydneyelise Can anyone point out what does it mean to have joints locked out ?
Especially elbow and knees.
I already feel I have some issue with my knees (no pain but kinda burning sensation).

PS - Noob here.

@sydneyelise Willl have a look into it want to get into body weight don’t plan to return the gym anytime soon.

Feel for something new.

Do you use resistance bands?