Ugh. Didn’t complete the scaled version and feel like a failure

@ilovejesus56129 Turn that frown upside down!! I wouldnt base trying it again off the fact that you didn't finish and feel like a failure (which your not!!), I would ask yourself....do you feel like you tried your best? Did you give it your all? If not, I would try to repeat it but if you feel like you did then that's all you really can do and you should be damn proud of it :)

@ilovejesus56129 First of all, any score is a good score! That was tiring was hell. Everyone at my gym said they felt like they should've taken the 21 reps slower. Unless someone's going to make it through with zero breaks, might as well plan to break early and slow your pace instead of burning up too fast. If you save some energy you can speed up at the end, but if you use it up early you're not gonna recover it.

My coach gave me what seemed like an obvious tip and maybe just a me thing. I would do my burpees basically having my whole body off the ground and kick my feet back and land with my hands and feet at the same time. Much less strain to lean over and put hands down and then kick feet back.

Or step back and step in for the burpees.

Both are less strain, slower yea, but if it keeps you from taking breaks and able to keep a steady pace then that might be a way to reduce burpee breaks AND shoulder strain.

Example here, around 9-10 seconds in slow motion you can see the feet are coming off the ground as the fingers are just starting to touch, so the top of the shoulders will be absorbing all that weight coming down from standing. Simply leaning down and bracing with hands first then kicking back (or stepping back) could take a major load off

@ilovejesus56129 Id watch Mayhems tips video before retrying - they focus on more hip hinge and legs/glutes on each snatch. Also sounds like your burpees may need to start slower so you don’t redline and feel like you need to rest.

@git 122 here! 9:14 on the tie break! I finished 2 reps short of gym mate. I beat him to the tie break. But he got 2 reps more 😭 I'm still being roasted! Lol

@git I got 127 and to be honest if My coach wasn't pushing me I probably would have gotten ALOT less. I had to give My everything to get those 127 reps so I'm proud of every rep I got 😄

@git 122 here also! (I figure I am doing a public service to everyone at my gym who wants to make QF by joining the bottom 75% of the rankings.) I knew the burpees would kill me and they did (I'm a powerlifter; cardio is anything beyond 5 reps), but I kept going when I wanted to stop, so, small victory?

@ilovejesus56129 It’s so easy to compare to others. I did RX and finished at 13:58. Even though my goal was sub 14 I kept telling myself I could’ve done more. Could’ve pushed harder on those burpees. But in reality it’s just you against yourself. If you’re getting better and you’re happy with your progress that’s what matters most.

@ilovejesus56129 171 pts is a great score! I was expecting to go sub 12:00 RX, but ended up lightly spraining my ankle Tuesday night. Still suffered through and finished in 14:33 RX.

The effort you put in matters so much more than any possible score can

@ilovejesus56129 I got 179 reps 😆
I took a lot of breaks, my lungs were dead and felt like throwing up the whole time.
I will redo it on Monday morning but I am so tempted to also redo it today (Saturday afternoon). Not sure if I will burn myself out by doing it now 🤷🏻‍♀️