Ugh. Didn’t complete the scaled version and feel like a failure

@ilovejesus56129 Yea my knees are sore, I got 149 and just feel proud I woke up to do it. Just being a part of the crossfit community and doing these workouts is a huge win and the vast majority of people won't ever attempt to better themselves in this hardcore of a way. Definitely not a failure. Keep at it!

@ilovejesus56129 I competed with myself and fell short, but that’s just how it goes 🤷‍♀️

I don’t normally use a 20# db in workouts due to healing a long term injury, but I did today, and while I knew I could do it, I just didn’t know how I’d do.

My goal was to finish within time.

I didn’t. Oh well, I made it to 175, and that’s something! At first 8 was irritated, but then the dizziness and shortness of breath settled and I realized I should be proud of that! I couldn’t hold my arm at 90° a year ago!

@ilovejesus56129 Keep showing up mate. You got this.

I told myself in my head this morning I would probably be there about the cap in scaled.
I suprised the fuck out of myself and did a 11:49.
Back on Monday to attempt RX.

Oh, and go baggers 💪

The strategy was to complete all 21's at 6 minutes.

Broke all 15 burpees into short 2-3 second rests at the 5's.
Broke the 15 snatches into 10, 5.

Thought I might have it in the tank to completely send it in the 9s, but nope, I just tried to stay alive.

@ilovejesus56129 Don't let some arbitrary workout make you feel a certain way about yourself.

Once a year, a standardized test comes down from on high and people act like it matters.

It does not.

@ilovejesus56129 You did good! 👍🏻 don’t worry about it. If anything that should be the score you should beat the next time you try the WOD again. I am sure you’ll improve. There’s a lot of tips going around after the WOD is released. Be proud of yourself and good luck with the re-attempt.

@ilovejesus56129 I did the men's scaled version, I was 2 reps away from finishing. It got me good, almost threw up halfway through and had to try my hardest to continue on till the 15min mark. I'm trying to not get down on myself too. I'm proud I did it and you should be too. But I understand

@diovivente01 I am trying to figure out what will help. Is this considered an aerobic capacity workout? I am not sure what I need to do accessory wise to improve workouts like this. I did RX but only finished 148 reps :( worst RX at my gym, I probably should have done scaled.

@davidadan Just keep doing Crossfit. I've had some great (in my mind) open workouts and others that were horrible (quitting several times mid workout). It's just another workout. Consistency is the biggest contributor to improvement. Keep working and you'll get better. Don't get too hung up on this without.

@ilovejesus56129 Hey buddy, don't get demotivated you did great, that's still lots of reps, take them with well deserve pride for the effort you put in .

Also, keep in mind that we are often in a bubble: people regularly going to the gym are already fitter than the average person. In our boxes we are often keen to compare with others that might have done better, and we missed that by showing up in CrossFit gym and having done the workout, we have already done more than those that are spending their days sitting on the sofa and watching screens.
Yesterday I was impressed by reading another post in this sub and seeing how many people finished the workout sub 11min, but then I realised that that's a bubble. Of course people will most likely write they did a very good result that something they are not proud of, but this doesn't mean that if you have done more than 11 or not finished or not Rx you are a failure .
You did well, don't overthink about it or you risk ruining the next two workouts!