West Coast Classic Live Semi-Final Day Two Discussion Thread

@jonjones229 Observations from the team ruck. Loved the event. I love to ruck and ruck and run. To bad we don’t see it programmed. Saying that, I thought it was a bad move not to pull that female out who went down a couple times outside. It didn’t look like the medical team did much to help. I understand it’s Games season and you push till breaking point and even then you push harder. To me that looked a medical emergency that needed to be addressed with iv fluids and immediate cool down.

For the individual- how about that Cole Sager? Again! I love watching this guy the past few years and this weekend. He knew exactly what he was doing and paced it and on the last lap went for the win. Got to say I’m shocked for Noah finishing in 10th. Have to wonder if that kidney stone problem is playing a part or not.

@zongruger Pretty sure in the individual run they said in commentary that the girl from earlier in teams was actually a medical professional, so knew exactly what was going on and was just pushing the limits of her body. Rather than actually losing her head in the heat.

@christ80 Two individuals have dropped from WCC after this mornings ruck. Also they said Speegle had to be treated as well. So many heat related issues from that ruck. Sucks to see that. This is why I have like 2 fans on me working out lol! I’m not a heat person. Give me freezing cold.

@zongruger I'm in the UK and it's been hovering a little over 20 degrees C for the last few weeks and that's too much for me. I'm totally with you.

I'd be suffering and probably still running now if I'd done that run earlier! Do wonder if maybe the medical support should just pull people if there's a chance they're gunna seriously hurt themselves. But then they're all competing again now so... I have no idea.

@jonjones229 Hinshaw is an absolute legend. Great insight. Like the Tony Romo of CF commentators. Was plugging Cole all of the run, kept saying that someone out of that trailing pack would win it, called the Shadburn win. Quality stuff.

@john25 I was not expecting such quality commentary. After what we got with Burgener previously, it was so refreshing to hear information that was so eloquent and concise.

@john25 I was watching when Hinshaw was talking towards the beginning and my husband asked me which science podcast I was listening to today because he was explaining things quite well thoroughly. I thought Hinshaw did great and I’d love to hear more from him at the games!

@john25 Absolute legend! I'm gonna have to save this video to go back and write down what he said about recovery and running. One of these days i'll take his courses.

@jonjones229 I wish these events had a wide angle viewing option for the broadcast so you could actually watch the full heats compete. While it's nice watching athletes get water out of the cooler, I think I'd rather watch the two athletes on the floor racing for 3rd place.

@65787577 I literally yelled out loud "show the whole field!!" multiple times. They are focusing on one athlete for way too long, like when Dani got edged out on the last snatch... would have been nice to see what other athletes are doing.

@dereklirus So Bethany would jog at town lake here in Austin and I had the pleasure of bumping into her a couple times over the years during a jog. She MOVES. We have a lot of fit joggers here and she makes most of them look like scrubs

@casterberry She was good, but I was amazed at what I saw in terms of being unprepared generally. People fighting their sunglasses. Not being able to decide what to wear, including headgear. Drinking water from closed bottles from the stand instead of their own helpers handing them electrolyte drinks, etc. Nobody ever runs in heat?

Back