What are the dumbest things you’ve heard about a “vegan diet”?

@blindly28 A guy was harping on my veganism one night because almonds are so bad for the environment. I was like they’re not great but when you compare them to cow milk they still come out way ahead. Also like…I never even drink almond milk because I think it’s kind of watery and gross. He seemed to think that vegans were destroying the environment with our out of control almond milk consumption lol. He couldn’t accept that I don’t actually use almond milk and that cow milk is still way worse.

@blindly28 Oh man where to start, i suppose the whole “ you CANT gain muscle on a vegan diet”. Ive seen people claim some vegans that gain muscle HAVE to be in steroids lol, or that your bones will break. I guess those are some of the most egregious

@amagrace Dude right like I'm in my 30s, I've been vegan for almost 8 years now and I'm currently the most muscular I've EVER been. In my early 20s I was a gym rat who ate meat for every every meal yet I'm more muscular now? I'd LOVE to see how the anti-vegans would respond to that.

@mi5 Right there with you. Been vegan about 3 years but made the biggest gains in these 3 years, strength and size wise. Not gonna say its some magic lifestyle but its clear its just as good (if not better in this specific instance)

@blindly28 Overheard someone at a party whining that when she tried a vegan diet she had to cook everything for herself, and “for that reason” called it stupid and quit. god forbid..🙄

@frankaz Gonna be real… I despise cooking. It’s so boring and tedious. But I can guarantee I’d rather be bored than contribute to cruelty. If I’m going to be lazy, I’ll buy pricier prepackaged food. Not kill.

@blindly28 Dumbest? People calling our food “rabbit food” saying they could “never go vegan because they’d miss burgers and bacon”, then turning around and complaining about veggie burgers and how they’re unhealthy and processed.