Will 50 pushups a day make a noticeable difference?

@lucyt25 If you wnat to perform on the day your friend is back, then rest for 2-3 days. Before that day.

I would maybe only get 1 or 2 of your 5x10 push ups. But i would reduce it down to 3 sets and go for the highest you can 3x15? Rest 2-3days then go 2x15 and 1x16 etc. etc.

Lots of the the good training is thinking about it and not just the execution. So a 20min research each week would also make you stronger.

This is just my opinion though.

@lucyt25 The best way to get great at bench pressing, is bench pressing. Push ups will be an nice accessory or warm up but they will not be the defining factor in your bench.

Also, whatever it is you are aiming for, the scouts don't come out next week. IOW, take your time, learn the technique and the gains will come. Don't rush to get that PR. Your body will thank you sooner than you think.

@lucyt25 I did 50 push-ups every day for three months. I’m not a fitness enthusiast or even particularly athletic.

So why did I do it?

Well, I read an article online about how one man attempted to improve his physical fitness by doing 50 push-ups per day for three months.

Surprisingly, this simple challenge not only helped him achieve better fitness goals but also improved his mental health and outlook on life.

I figured that if it worked for him, it could work for me too. So, I decided to give it a try.

I was also curious to see what would happen if I made a small commitment to exercising every day.

Here’s what happened.

What Inspired Me to Do 50 Push-Ups Every Day

I was always interested in fitness and trying to stay in shape, but I never really found any specific activity that I loved or enjoyed doing.

I would go to the gym once in a while, but I would quickly get bored of running on the treadmill or lifting weights.

I wanted to find something simple, that didn’t require any special equipment or expensive gym memberships and could be done anywhere.

That’s when I came across the article about the man who did 50 push-ups every day for three months.

I was intrigued by his story and decided to try it myself.

50 push-ups may seem like a lot, but it’s actually not that difficult to do if you break it down into smaller sets throughout the day.

For example, you could do 10 push-ups every hour or 20 push-ups every two hours.

My Experience During the First Month of Doing Push-Ups Every Day

The first few weeks were definitely the hardest.

I had to remind myself to do my push-ups every day, and there were a few days when I skipped because I was too tired or didn’t have time.

But for the most part, I stuck to my goal and did my best to do 50 push-ups every day.

As the weeks went by, I started to see and feel some changes in my body. I had more energy, slept better at night, and improved my mood.

I also started to see some changes in my physical appearance. My arms and chest were getting more toned, improving my posture. I was definitely feeling better about myself and my physical fitness.

The biggest changes I noticed after doing push-ups for 3 months. I saw some significant changes in my body and mind.

First of all, my physical fitness had improved drastically.

I could now do 100 push-ups in a row without stopping, and my arms and chest were much more toned than before.

I had also lost a few pounds, and my overall physical health was better.

But the biggest changes were mental. I was less anxious and stressed, and I had more energy and focus. My mood was also much better, and I felt happier overall.

@lucyt25 If you want muscle strength, especially for the bench press or deadlift, you gotta have a workout schedule: one day shoulders, another day arms, another day back, etc.

Push ups are great, and you should do them. Your idea is great, but bench press especially is about using your whole body basically (mostly chest + triceps).

One big thing: EAT LOTS OF PROTEIN AND FOOD AND WORK HARD.

If you don't eat, bench press will not go up. You gotta eat. I also started around 35kg benching and now about 7 months later I'm at 70kg multiple reps.

GOOD LUCK BRO! KEEP GOING. THE RESULTS WILL COME MONTHS LATER BUT U GOTTA GO EVERYDAY!!!! DON'T GIVE UP!

@lucyt25 For early gains you will certainly see a lot carry over from push ups to bench press, but that development will plateaux out early even if you start incorporating weighted push ups. To excel at bench you have to work the bench.

Push ups are naturally a whole body exercise while the trick to bench is learning to incorporate as much of your body as possible.

A lot of people are going to tell you to train to failure but for someone just starting out I’d actually highly recommend starting with volume. For the first two weeks to a month volume volume volume you familiar with the old notion that you should never fight a farm boy? If not the caution is that dancing 🤜 🤛 with a farm boy is like fighting a chimpanzee, they are unassumingly strong and they don’t train to failure all they do all day is work in volume. Working out a new muscle group is kinda like recovering from a broken leg, you don’t need progressive overload to achieve the shape your body naturally wants to be if you just used it. Push ups are a great place to start because you can do them without equipment. For the next two weeks try a 30%-40% of a max rep set every half hour or so it doesn’t have to be exact your goal is to just have the highest number of push-ups by the end of then day like walking a marathon, reevaluate what your max rep set is every day and eat enough protein you’ll be surprised how much strength can be acquired by gritting your teeth so little.

Once you start to plateaux off the noob gains look into progressive overload and for the love of god research proper bench pressing set up.