Will 50 pushups a day make a noticeable difference?

@lucyt25 Your age x 10 - your height in sm + age of your significant other - her height in sm will give u a solid number which means nothing but a random number , and will have no significant impact ;

U should have:
- goal
- exercise that target muscle group
- progression to achieve your goal btw current state and desired state

@lucyt25 It all depends on your current shape. Try to reach failure. I would recommend doing 4-5 sets. For your first set do a challenging number and for each of the following sets do 2-4 less reps.

How difficult is it to do 10 pushups? (Good form)

@lucyt25 Depends, how many pushups you can do? anything between 5-30 reps builds muscle as long as is close to failure but you need to have rest days too

@lucyt25 If doing push ups are your only option, do them. But it sounds to me like you aren’t going on vacation, your friend is? You can still go to the gym if you want!

@lucyt25 Many years ago I took on a 100 push ups a day challenge. Now over a decade later the strongest muscles in my body remain my chest. And I can easily bench more my body weight even if I take a hiatus from training. I can’t guarantee that this was the reason but it. Didn’t hurt.

@lucyt25 One of the most often forgotten rule of gaining mass, is the rest itself. You have to give at keast 2 days of rest for the muscle group you just exercised on. otherwise, you'll actually lose mass in the group, not the other way around

@lucyt25 I'd make 3-4 sets of pushups, each one to failure. Then rest a day or two, then repeat. Training till you can't do another rep -> muscle growth trigger -> rest, eat and sleep well for recovery -> muscle growth. That's simple and it's been proven to work.

@lucyt25 yeah but i wont recommend doing it everyday, for obvious tendon reasons. I did the one punch man training bullshit everyday for 3 months or so when i was 17 and untrained. It did something but its too much work for unoptimal results (note: it includes 100 pushups everyday) and the lack of pulling screwed with my posture big time. My anterior delts are so disproportionate with my other delts that i hunch forward and that keeping my shoulders back is a chore.

@lucyt25 What I recommend for bench press is to work progressively. Find a weight you are confortable doing 5-8 reps, and each week try to add 2,5 or 5kg. If you don't manage to get the same amount of reps work on that weight until you get those 5-8 reps, then load more again. Also try to train also dumbbells for chest, as well as working on your core and back. That's the way I managed to reach 100 X 5. Takes time, but patience and consistency is the real key in the gym