Will 50 pushups a day make a noticeable difference?

@lucyt25 It can't hurt.

If I was you, I'd recommend crawling variations though. You'll get a lot more out of it in terms of general physical preparedness and it will teach your body to recruit strength while building up a lot of the muscles used for the bench and deadlift.

Try and crawl with your knees off the ground, you might not make it more than a minute or two. Aim to accumulate 10 minutes through-out the day. Once you can do 10 minutes without stopping you're in real good shape.

@lucyt25 If you want noticeable difference with body weight exercises, bring the difficulty up to a point where you can only do about 6-12 reps. That means, negative incline push-ups, one handed push-ups, etc.

@lucyt25 When I put aside weights for awhile and do mostly pushups, I do different types of pushups. Try that. YouTube has pushup workouts. I did one for a month that had ten types of pushups.

It will your workout more interesting and intense.

@lucyt25 The answer, yes. you can adjust quantity, you can adjust tempo (3 seconds down, 3 secs up) to make them harder. You can alternate hand placement etc.

Pushups are a great prep exercise, the build a strong base and foundation.

@ozawa yes I'm eating allot of bread, and kinda forcing myself to eat full meals again, too much habit to skip breakfast, and leave food on my plate.

And eggs / protein crackers / milk are very good, for me gaining weight is very important, not for lifting weights but for myself.

@dawn16 well for me it is, so like 2 in the morning, combined with some fruit or yoghurt + granola, and then 6 pieces of bread to school, then some food after school, snack or anything, then dinner, and after that some more snacking.

I think the most important thing is keeping stability, i can't always eat allot for breakfast, and sometimes i even don't eat anything, but if you would keep eating on the times you need to, I'm pretty sure you will gain weight.

I'm getting more calories in right now, so i am gaining weight, but as i bike 20km per day and 10k+ steps per day it doesn't go that fast, but progress is see-able!

@lucyt25 Get that P90X video for front and back. That’ll help your push ups by getting different angles like diamond, dive bomber, military, wide, etc. You’ll likely do over 100 push-ups total and it can be done twice a week.

Don’t forget your back muscles too. If you do too many front exercises, you’ll develop an imbalance and look like you have rounded shoulders.

@lucyt25 Absolutely. Push-ups build a better looking chest then bench press ever could when done properly. Doing them properly is the problem, push-ups are all form. Slow and controlled, different hand placement, static holds. Who cares if you can bench 3 plates, it’s about looks unless you’re competing.

@lucyt25 Yes, you will absolutely see a difference in strength and physical Image if you are consistent everyday for at least a month. When I was a teenager playing baseball, I remember one of my favorite baseball players, saying that he would set a goal of 50 push-ups before every shower in the morning. I did this every single time before I showered and it would take me an hour when I first started- now it takes me less than a minute. I am
A Fitness Model now (on the side) and tell everyone this is how I started working out. Also note that there are different styles of push-ups to target different areas. Standard military push-up with Elbows squeezing your sides- this hits the triceps more. Standard chest push up with Elbows out at a 30 degree angle/ this will hit chest mostly, put your arms wider and elbows straight out and it will target your back more. You can also do incline push-ups, decline etc. Shoot to increase your count of push-ups each week by 10 push-ups if you want to challenge yourself. During Covid a friend of mine and I would do 500 push-ups and 100 pull ups. It would take just over an hour, but both of our bodies looked jacked after a month of it.

@lucyt25 Doing 50 pushups a day can help improve your upper body strength and muscle endurance, but it may not necessarily lead to significant muscle growth or weight gain. To see noticeable changes in your physique, you need to have a well-rounded exercise routine that includes resistance training, cardiovascular exercise, and a balanced diet. Additionally, it's important to gradually increase the intensity and volume of your workouts over time to continue making progress towards your goals. Good luck with your fitness journey!

@lucyt25 Listen to me, don't push yourself in pushups. Do only two reps if you want to and make sure you use proper and take vital care of your shoulder and all the delicate ligaments inside them.

This video will help you greatly: