Workouts for REALLY weak woman?

@dianad373 Hi there, I was summoned by /@confusedremainingfaithful

Try my bodyline drills. I hold for 60secs but the goal is to hold for only as long as you can, and rest until I start the next exercise. Eventually you'll get to 60secs.

And definitely watch my video on how to do pushups, to learn the proper form for pushups to avoid injury and why knee pushups aren't good and incline pushups (wall to floor) are the way to go.

Try my bodyline drills. I hold for 60secs but the goal is to hold for only as long as you can, and rest until I start the next exercise. Eventually you'll get to 60secs.

And definitely watch my video on how to do pushups, to learn the proper form for pushups to avoid injury and why knee pushups aren't good and incline pushups (wall to floor) are the way to go.

@dianad373 If you can get out of a chair you can likely do a squat! If you try and you really can't do a squat (with no weights, just your body), it's OK. Start by using a chair or box at a level you can squat to. Sit down on the chair, stand up, repeat. Every few days substitute the chair/box for something lower to the ground, and you'll get a full squat in no time.

@dianad373 If you can get out of a chair you can likely do a squat! If you try and you really can't do a squat (with no weights, just your body), it's OK. Start by using a chair or box at a level you can squat to. Sit down on the chair, stand up, repeat. Every few days substitute the chair/box for something lower to the ground, and you'll get a full squat in no time.

@dianad373 You can start with body weight squats! Even though I started with fairly strong legs, I have back issues, so I started with body weight squats until I was confident with my form and had my core built up enough to safely add some weight. I still only use between 20 and 30 pound dumbell depending on how I'm feeling the day of my workout.

I was lucky enough to have a few sessions with a personal trainer, and the most helpful (small) change he added to my routine was stressing that I eat some good protein within an hour after my workout. I would always have a snack post-workout, but switching to some good protein snacks (tuna on crackers, hard boiled eggs, a black bean burger patty, etc) made a surprisingly huge difference in how I felt.

@dianad373 You can start with body weight squats! Even though I started with fairly strong legs, I have back issues, so I started with body weight squats until I was confident with my form and had my core built up enough to safely add some weight. I still only use between 20 and 30 pound dumbell depending on how I'm feeling the day of my workout.

I was lucky enough to have a few sessions with a personal trainer, and the most helpful (small) change he added to my routine was stressing that I eat some good protein within an hour after my workout. I would always have a snack post-workout, but switching to some good protein snacks (tuna on crackers, hard boiled eggs, a black bean burger patty, etc) made a surprisingly huge difference in how I felt.

@dianad373 Try doing wall squats too. You don’t have to hold for a minute or anything. Just a few seconds until your muscles burn. And then back up. Repeat 10-15 times and eventually you’ll be able to hold longer or do more sets.

@dianad373 Try doing wall squats too. You don’t have to hold for a minute or anything. Just a few seconds until your muscles burn. And then back up. Repeat 10-15 times and eventually you’ll be able to hold longer or do more sets.

Back