I [F/26] successfully walked 100,000 steps in ONE day!

@shawn_maune When I went on vacation last year to a city with no car, I averaged about 25k steps a day. I can't imagine doing 4 times that in a day! Haha. Very impressive.

What shoes did you wear?

@lestime This is a terrible answer... but, they're Adidas and the front says EQT. I tried looking them up online, but couldn't find anything. They're a year old and pretty beat up.

I was looking into getting some real long distance running shoes, because I know that eventually, wearing the wrong shoes is going to take a beating on my body.

Also, 25k steps is still crazy! Think about how many people actually walk that much or have ever in their lifetime. You'd be surprised by how many have not. So congrats on that!

@lestime My personal best is about 45k in one day, on a holiday in Paris. The idea of doing 100k is just unthinkable to me. My feet hurt so much after 45k!

@jdphlippy 30k is still something to write home about! That's a lot of steps!

I love hearing that Paris has the same effect on other people-- it's a city that's just so wonderful to meander around in on foot.

@mfuller Totally! It was my first time going abroad, and I was marveling at both how far apart all the “good stuff” was (not concentrated in one neighborhood or side of the city) and how easy/cheap it was to walk or metro around between the cool areas. You don’t need a car at all.

@mfuller Congrats on the 45k - sounds even better since it was on holiday in Paris! My feet hurt as just thinking back to that day... I just wanted it to end, and running the last 45 minutes was on of the worst things I could have done.

@lestime I can do 25k at Disneyland in a day no problem. Three days in a row my tootsies are feeling it....but four times that in a single day! Amazing!