2020 CrossFit Games Finals Event 7: Snatch Speed Triple

@jasonrporter0316 I think it goes back a bit. Mat did get pissed at Noah for the banger event in 2017 when he dragged the object. I couldn't imagine that one thing causes Mat to have a grudge against Noah for so long though.

Maybe Mat just became friends with others and Noah was not a part of that.

@snowballsfriend I do think it’s mostly due to things like that. Sled event last year noah got the lucky lane. And If you watch the fittest documentary where the buttery bro’s and matt are commentating along with it, mat calls out some of noah’s shitty reps in the DB clean / split jerk. Roasted him for it. The Bb also mention in this doc that Noah always finishes top 10 and mat is like “no he is not a top finisher he got 14th x year” (not sure the exact placing he said but the fact he also knows all his prior games finishes raises an eye brow). And the video of Noah finding out in phase 1 that mat was in first place(he boo’s him on camera). Just pay attention to them interacting...it’s not friendly banter. Mat doesn’t talk that way about pat velnar, etc. Not even rich. Mat and Noah are just really different I think mat is annoyed by him.

@jesseb04 Dont know if you saw the press conference zoom call thing, (dont worry it was a complete waste of time) but somebody asked a question “who feels like an underdog?” Noah piped up straight away “i think everyone except matt” and matts reaction was absolutely priceless, like a real “and thats why you’re not champ” dismissive actual eye roll and shake of the head. Definitely get the impression matt thinks very little of Noah

@omnifarious Didn’t watch but I’m not surprised at all that was his reaction. I think people ask compare Mat and Noah and paint a rivalry when there truly is no comparison.

Back