4'9" and i hate it

@rj7tennstars I get it!!! I am barely 5' 0" and 5 pounds on that frame is atheist 10 on other people. It's no joke trying to get it off either. Nothing worked for me till I tried keto and intermittent fasting. Like a dream... if you want it bad enough it's worth a little effort- honest!

@rj7tennstars I’m 4’9 too and I understand your struggle. I started seeing a weight loss dr who rx me Phentermine and it’s really helped with my weight loss journey along with healthier eating and exercise. It’s not a miracle weight loss pill by any means, I still have to do my part but it’s been a good tool for me. My starting weight was 163lbs July 1 2022. I’m down to 137. My goal weight is 120 With the intention of allowing myself to fluctuated 5lbs up and down. It was so hard for me to lose weight before seeing a dr bc my appetite wasn’t naturally smaller bc I’m smaller.

@cippy I really like how the author of this criticizes the guy who created BMI for being a mathematician instead of a physician, when he himself is literally a mathematician and is no more qualified to make these sorts of claims about BMI.

He keeps focusing on how super fit people are allegedly overweight or obese on the BMI chart but doesn’t provide any sort of numbers or evidence of that claim. Like, for what actual percentage of people is this not accurate? Maybe like, The Rock, Arnold Schwarzenegger in his prime, or some super elite athletes who have insane muscle mass and no body fat… but for most people it’s fairly accurate. Plus, excess body mass is excess body mass whether it’s fat or muscle.

It’s difficult to really know someone’s fatness level without an accurate body fat measurement, which is just not readily available to people at this point in order to attempt to use it on a mass scale. Plus, every method of measuring body fat will give you a different number, and there are a lot of scales out there that allegedly measure body fat and are completely inaccurate. But the scales at the doctor’s office are checked every so often to make sure they are accurate and correct and consistent with all other scales that are maintained. So we can more or less rely on those numbers to be accurate and we can know that official BMI numbers are at least based on correct inputs.

Back