6 MONTHS PROGRESS - No before photo :(

cece_lee16

Just wanted to show off my 6 month progress,

Skinny fat before, (135lb) could hardly do 6 pullups and not one wide pullup

Greasing the Groove for 6 months straight, Can now do 18-20 pullups

Started adding weighted pull/push workouts in the last month - can do 6 reps MAX with 20kg vest on.

Looking forward to seeing where the next 6 months take me,

Any tips or critique welcome,

New weight (143lb)

So close to straddle front lever hold ..

Muscle up are becoming cleaner

L sits are now moved to the floor for 15 second holds

Working on Core compression for V sit

Started Planche leans and Pseudo planche pushups this week,

Love BWF

@cece_lee16 Good way to get muscle build from doing the same old exercises is to do them slower. Over the course of a month I already noticed my triceps, Biceps and forearms getting larger and more cut just by doing pushups and neutral grip pullups slower which is amazing considering I've been doing calisthenics for the past 6 years.

With pushups take 2 seconds to get to the down position, hold for 2 seconds then take 2 seconds to push yourself back up. Pullups take 2 seconds to pull yourself up, hold for 2 seconds then 2 to lower yourself back down... On the last rep hold yourself in the "Stress" position for 10 seconds (Stress being the down position in a pushup or the up position in a pull/chinup)

It takes discipline to not just bang out reps as fast as you can but I challenge you guys to just try 10 to see how it feels for you. Made a huge difference for me.

@brennenstuhl Yo I think jeff caveleire said the same thing about progressions. But I think he mentioned regarding free weights without actually increasing the weight. Nevertheless I’ve heard ppl say this technique works quite a lot too.

@thefig It is also (imo) way easier to gauge fatigue level with slower push-ups. I am one of those that firmly believe letting off just before failure is better than failure training.

@christianstatus Now then this is Hard to explain .. I suffer with multiple allergies (Red Meat /Dairy .. anything like rice pasta - bread - wheat .. )

I have about 15 items I can eat they include

Chicken

Fish

Turkey

Nuts

Almond Milk

eggs

salad - any apart from tomatoes

All Vegetables

so basically same food every day

Breakfast - Nuts

Dinner - Eggs / Prawns + chicken - More nuts

Tea - Vegetables - Chicken

Was finding it really hard to put on weight with just these ingredients .. But have managed to add a couple of pounds in the last few weeks by eating so much of the same ..

Its both a blessing and a curse ..

Drink just water or weak squash

@cece_lee16 Fuck yea dude you’re looking rad! Sorry about your dietary restrictions; but in the long run you’re basically forced to eat healthy lol…

If you get good chocolate protein power, some bananas, and almond milk you can basically make protein banana milkshakes. Good treat if you can’t have cake :p

Edit: also major congrats on getting close to straddle FL. I literally just unlocked tucked FL an hour ago (3x30s holds).

@dawn16 Yes my man !! tbh I'm trying to cheat the front lever by increasing my weighted pullups .. I read alot about the crossover of the 2 .. but have noticed since i started doing more weighted pullups my front lever has gone from advanced tuck to oh so nearly straddle holds lol .. keep increasing weighted pull ups and i will let you know how that goes :)

@cece_lee16 Bro I’m literally doing the same thing! I noticed that I’m building a MMC with my lats much faster which is helping with FL and anti rotation. Going to place the FL progression rows in between each isometric though.