Anyone else struggling with a skill that seems impossible to learn?

@shiner3lima Crazy how different people are! C&J i still can’t get after 7 months. Snatches i immediately picked up. I can snatch 160 now and my clean and jerk max is like 155 lol.

@girlintheclouds This is dawning on me. I've been working on snatch with a coach 1:1 for the last few months, once per week. Making progress, but pretty slow if I'm honest. I think a block of sessions in one week might help to speed up progress.

It really is one of those movements where proficient athletes make it looks easy, then when you try it you find there are many ways to get it wrong.

@autism Or work with coach 1x week. Hopefully a coach experienced with the movement. If you add sessions to work on it while you are alone do less technical variations such as: hip snatch, hip snatch with pause in the bottom of the squat, pause overhead squat. When a true beginner asks me for snatch programming, it’s all about getting them movements they can’t screw up. Practicing incorrect technique is no good.

@shiner3lima Also figure out what your issue is? Speed under the bar, bar path, bad pull, poor acceleration, no stability overhead, mobility (where), OHS.

From there you can figure out a path to improve besides just snatching and potentially reinforce bad patterns.