Busy Dad Program Trial Run

@dawn16 Thanks, appreciate it. Definitely sticking with it for another three months minimum, though this time around I'm attempting to put on lean mass as opposed to cutting weight.

As for meal prepping, nothing extremely specific or out of the ordinary though there are certainly staples of my diet. A few examples:

Rice Cakes

PB 2

Frozen Fruit

Frozen Veggies

Heiner's 35 Wheat Bread

93% Lean Ground Beef

Sugar Free Jello

Sugar Free Pudding Mix (I mix with plain nonfat greek yogurt; takes on a mousse-like consistency/texture)

I love to eat, so basically anything I can get my hands on that maximizes volume for the fewest amount of calories I try to incorporate into my diet.

@trogdortheterrible Impressive! I read in one of your comments that you plan to continue to run the BDP but switch focus to lean mass gain. Could you please kindly share how you intend to adapt the program to achieve this and - after the [3] months that you run the modified program for - post your results here? Thank you!

@adamdilsoday The intent is to see if it's at all possible to build lean mass following this program 'as-is' so I won't be modifying the program any. Instead, I intend to focus & be more mindful of my diet to ensure I remain in a slight caloric surplus for the duration of the three months.

Will definitely be posting a follow-up.

@trogdortheterrible As you have already mentioned, this is mostly cardio with very little for hypertrophy.

I'm also not entirely sure it is optimal to have 0 rest days (and also 0 longer days, I get you are busy, but 1 day out of the week is probably manageable for most).

Therefore, I think a simple but sensible modification would be to have (for example) Sunday be either a longer run day or a hypertrophy day and then have Monday be a rest day.

@trogdortheterrible This looks like a sweet template to strive for as an eventual everyday base, work capacity kinda thing for just bonkers beast mode.

Currently I do what I call a “ buy in” that’s outside of my actual training where I just start every day with a brief 15 ish minute excretion. Usually mainly focusing on getting heart rate up and general full body pump.

This could be sweet for that as a template but for me I’d probably cut one of the runs out and spread it across the other days like short 1-2 mile things. Then switch the burpees for a related complex so I could scale, like once you hit 250 , get a 10 lbs fixed bar start back at 130ish rinse and repeat ; drop back once in a while to stretch it out and just slowly become a grizzly bear made of meat as you wake up 3 years from now to 200 burpee power cleans with at a plate on the bar and eat that shit for breakfast.

Back