Challenge for y’all

christdisciple

Healthy breakfast you can eat in the car. I have a long commute and leave early and would like a breakfast I can pre make the night before that’s not over night oats. Any takers?

@christdisciple My go-to for breakfasts lately has been smoothies with protein powder, frozen fruit, soymilk, spinach, peanut butter, and vegan greek yogurt. Perfect for when I have to wake up early

@arewethereyet I like the Kite Hill brand! They have a larger tub at Whole Foods and it’s something like 17g protein per serving. Siggi’s does a vegan yogurt that I like as well but is more expensive + less protein

@christdisciple Breakfast Burrito of some sort; you can prep ahead and freeze for the month...then just heat & go...beans, tofu, refried beans; I like potatoes in them; veg. cheese if you like; you can get the flavor of salsa by cooking it into something (so it's not wet and drippy); veg; sweet potato, all sorts of other veg; can also make 'em fusion tacos (Indian spices & lentils) or whatever other cuisine you like

@christdisciple After I saw this and posted my idea of frozen bfast burritos ) , I came across a couple of blog pages that might be helpful (was following link from this sub about seitan/tempeh, but this food blogger was new to me so I explored the blog a bit):

1) Not on the blog, but an idea I got thinking about #2: granola/'gorp'...it's what hikers use and often oatmeal & nut based; can include dried fruit; or granola bars/'luna' bars/'builders' bars/your protein bar of choice

2) Definitely grab-&-go, I've never made 'em, but 'breakfast cookies' (kinda like a round granola bar): here's one version from that website: https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/healthy-vegan-breakfast-cookies/

3) Then there's a post of 33 other vegan bfast options (a few def could be grab&go: muffins, 'quick' breads, etc.) all can be made higher protein with protein powders if you desire; also some 'vegan breakfast meats':

https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-breakfast-ideas/

4) Lastly, what I have most days for bfast: bread with nutbutter & fruit (I usually have banana, occasionally berries, but unless sliced or smashed may not be great for grab&go) or occasionally some preserves/jam, etc; or vegan cream cheese. These can be thrown together the night before.

Back