Complete Programming

harteazio

Not sure if this is appropriate here, but figured I would try cross-posting

Hey All,

I've shared this with a few people I know and they really liked it, so I figured I would post it here since I am in my mid 30s. I have also had incredible success running in a very short time running this while cutting. This sheet contains my complete programming of an nSuns variant (including mobility/prehab/warmup/accessories) as well as a complete list of compound lift cues (by stage, each workout i will pick 1-2 cues per stage to focus on, continually rotating through them) and a breakdown of how to target specific muscle areas. My workouts are a bit over 2 hours with supersetting (lower workouts are a little longer, but I take 4-5 mins on my T1 lifts, especially the first 5 sets)

Also I don't progress unless I get 4 reps (3 for OHP/Bench) at an RPE around 8.5-9 (1 or so rep in the tank). This helps to keep the intensity a little more manageable. So far, I am still progressing 5-10 lbs each week (although I think my presses are going to stall very soon until i stop cutting).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LLyOgGYpPdpMTX_zCCS6Ztbyob6jNDDn60VY7mm1lyI/edit?usp=sharing

A bit of background - I probably had about 6-7 years of previous lifting experience (e.g. muscle memory, although a lot of it was fucking around) then I let myself go and got lazy for 4-5 years. Finally got back on track (dropped around 70 lbs and am currently 33yo, 5'9, about 200 lbs) and have been doing nsuns for around 6 months or so while cutting (trying to get to around 12% bf which is probably 185ish). Current maxes (slight estimates as i never 1RM) are B:340, OHP: 235, SQT: 360, DL: 450 ( I had a lower back injury for a bit which is why my SQT/DL are lagging relative to my presses)

The color coding on workout tabs represents how I superset exercises. Obviously this is a lot of volume (and the T3/T4 lifts are geared toward my focus areas), but I have gotten used to it and have run it 5 days a week while cutting for past few months (I also do bjj 3x a week). I started with the base program and gradually worked my way to this volume. Granted there are a few days where I feel worn-out in which case I will just do T1/T2 and the main pulls / shoulders and get out of the gym. If I still feel worn out the next day I will generally start a deload or off week.

Everyone's body is different, and I know this volume may not be sustainable for some. In terms of priority, I would recommend starting with a base of T1/T2/Pull1/Pull2 and then gradually introducing more volume in this priority until you increase your work capacity

Upper Priority:
  • Shoulder work
  • Pull3
  • T3
  • T4
  • Core
  • Arms
Lower Priority:
  • Core Work
  • Elbow/Forearm
  • T3 Hamstrings
  • T4 Glutes
  • Single Leg Work
  • Shoulder Work
  • Calf
  • Lower Back
  • Carries/Holds
  • Leg Curls
  • Overhead Squat (I did this to help fix my front squat form where i leaned too much and also to start learning how to snatch)