Did I ruin my V Shape

@robbvii the obliques don't really tend to get that ginormous. I actually believe it can enhance your v-taper with those diagonal muscle fibers and they are pretty sexy.

As far as I know training too much lower back can thicken the waist, which is not optimal for bodybuilding. So you don't wanna focus on deadlifts too much. At least I heard larry wheels talk about this and that he had to stop doing heavy deads for his bodybuilding endeavors.

but whats most important is probably shoulders and upper back. So don't just focus on lats and add tons of upper back stuff too. for example regular pull ups are more lats while really wide grip pull ups hit more of the upper back.

rear delts are important as well and many people tend to leave them out. wide grip rows are good for them but you can also isolate them more with rear dealt flies or face pulls.

@robbvii you can use bands or that pull up assistance machine or wide grip lat pull down is fine. you can also just train the eccentric of the exercise until you can do the whole movement, meaning you jump up and try to control the descent for as many reps as you can.

@robbvii If you want to look good, get strong. Do compound full body exercises. You’re not a bodybuilder, stop trying to train like one.

Also, don’t train for others. What do YOU want to look like? V shape is cool but my guess is you aren’t doing any horizontal pulling and from the side you still look like a piece of paper.

@robbvii As someone who has done oblique and lots of abs work over the years, your v taper will definitely suffer if you train obliques hard. If all you care about is aesthetics you gotta chill out with training core and obliques. I’m training for strength and size, so I don’t care if my v taper gets somewhat ruined.

@mike7377 Understood. Appreciate your advice. I do have one more question, might be stupid, but I thought the more you hit a muscle , the better it will atrophy and grow back stronger. Meaning the more volume i hit abs in , the more well defined they will be ? As in the harder ab routine I have, the quicker and better results I get ?

@robbvii Instagram is for self obsessed people its generally not healthy especially the way you obsess. You have the attitude of an Andrew tatt fan chasing girls

@robbvii What your trainer said is absolute utter BS.

Based on your question I suppose your goal is aesthetics, as you're training for a V taper. If you want a conventionally attractive physique : build a good muscle mass, get lean, through cut and bulk cycles. Once you have a good lean physique, having a specific muscle slightly overtrained will not matter at all, and nobody will care.

@robbvii Athlean-X says that's a complete myth - the only thing that'll give you a fat waist is being fat. I can't find the exact video where he said it unfortunately, but his channel has lots of videos dedicated purely to oblique training and his body is a perfect V.