Disappointed with my 24.1 result

@damj With burpees and snatches I feel like 24.1 favored the shorter athlete. Hopefully the next one will lean more in your direction. Just keep pushing. Good luck!

@tango85 I don’t know how tall he is but isn’t Colton Mertens sitting on top right now and he’s one of the shortest of the elite. There’s always going to be exceptions without a doubt. But in general I think this workout favored a shorter athlete. I’m not saying a huge advantage, just slightly given the movements. I’ll have to find the video of Self - that’s prob worth a watch.

@damj Yea I wouldn’t be too hurt about your result. 24.1 is structurally much more advantageous for the shorter lighter athlete. You may need favorable programming in one of the other two wods to balance the scales and get into quarters but don’t dwell on this one result to much as a picture of your fitness just like I wouldn’t tell a 5’6” athlete to put too much stock into their 19.1 score. If we see a lot of rowing and or wall balls in a later wod it could drag down their rankings and give you a boost but if we see balanced CrossFit over the next two weeks it would probably take at least 85th percentile scores to get you in.
Good luck from a fellow #tallpeopledoingfitness

@damj The Open will be a well rounded test

24.1 was not a well rounded test

If you're as good as you believe, you'll get the cardio bunnies back in the next 2 weeks

@kennybest Ehhh. There’s a lot of cardio bunnies who can’t lift a 50lb db. I think the test may have been a little more well rounded than we’re giving it credit for. It was mostly about the burpee. But there’s a lot of folks having to put that db down in the workout.

@nineteenkilo It wasn’t purely for cardio bunnies, but I’d argue it heavily favored them. Especially those under 5’10” and/or who have short limbs.

I videoed my 6’2 210lb with a 6’6 wing span and I looked so awkward from the get go

Better be row and wall ball next.

@damj I’m kinda short at 5’10 and my motor is pretty good. This workout was def suited to me. I was on pace for 10 min but I burned out and got 12:21. I’m really disappointed with myself but at the same time I didn’t wanna put my body through that to retest it. All we can really do is learn and move on! These are all just benchmarks for later!