Does anyone else have belly fat that looks/looked like this?

davidjb

I'm 5'1" and have fluctuated between 110-130 lbs for my adult life and for as long as I can remember (even when I was little) I've always had that little "pouch" of belly fat that makes the lower part of my stomach stick out way more than than the upper part. I'm in the process of trying to cut about 10-15 lbs or so (5 lbs down) before I bulk but that fat just doesn't budge. I know I can't do anything to "target" that fat and that eventually it'll all be okay in the end, but I'm just seeing if anyone went through something similar and how long it took for you until you noticed improvement, 'cause I'm pretty fed up with it. :) Thanks!

@davidjb Had to re read this a few times, thought you were my girlfriend😂😂 literally identical body. Let me tell ya, there is nothing sexier than a healthy woman with a belly pooch. The ancient Roman’s used to worship the pooch. It’s sad that in todays society, Instagram worships unhealthy girls that have a flat board as a stomach. Maybe I was born in the wrong time period, but many good men out there do love a nice pooch. Spanx for tight dresses does the trick, but rock that pooch if you feel comfy doing so!!

@davidjb Spot reduction is possible but only through fat freezing. I recommend that you use blue fat freeze system which will help you a lot in cutting that 10-15 lb goal. It helped me reduce 3 inches around my waist in 2 months.

@davidjb I'm also 5'1", 120, and look a lot like this. I have always had this, even at a few lbs less. My mom has always had it, too (though she's not as into fitness as I am). I do have a kid, so that might influence it a bit, too.

I do have solid abs under there, but sadly they are hidden.

@davidjb I'm 110-115 lbs and definitely have always had this. My posture is kind of crappy, but I noticed that standing up straight and tall helps ten fold. It just means I have to remember to stand straight and tall...

@davidjb Mine is pretty much like that! It does get more or less depending on how strict I am with my diet and I have never gotten rid of it completely, but at least it does sit in a very special way just right to leave the vertical lines of my abs exposed even if there is some fat between them, so from the front it still kinda looks like I have more definition than I actually do xD

side

front

Warning: NSFW and potatoe quality

@davidjb Hello lady, looking good! But I understand where you are coming from, I used to have a very similar shape to my torso but now my stomach is quite flat. The difference for me is ENTIRELY diet related. I have been 5'8" and very close to the same weight (125-130) since I was 16 and I am now 24. As a teenager I experimented with some different diets and found out I was sensitive to dairy and gluten. Since cutting them out of my diet I now only have this look to my stomach when I cheat or when I am premenstrual. My stomach is still flat and even the morning after all you can eat sushi!! If this is an interesting idea at all, perhaps try an elimination diet of one or the other, hopefully it isn't both :)

@davidjb I'm 5'5 and average 115lb, usually, and have a pouch too...Lifting and doing a little HIIT can help pack it in. Bro-science alert: I find that doing heavy low-bar squats during SL 5x5 accentuates mine. I think that my IUD made it bigger, too, but I'm not entirely certain of it.

What you've got doesn't really look like excess fat to me, just insides poking out like others have said. Our look is a common one and if you look at old European paintings or ancient Roman/Greek statues, you'll see it quite often. People thought having uteruses was cool back then.

@davidjb I use to be 110-ish and had the same stubborn lower belly bloat as the OP that nothing would move; am 120-ish now with flat lower belly. Use to think it was impossible, but after highly cleaning up my diet, the bloat went away, which was surprising because I was already eating healthy by normal standards.

After cleaning up my diet and not dealing with the bloating that was just a normal part of my life, I realized how sensitive my digestive system really is.

TDLR: Had lower belly fat as well, ended up not being lower belly fat but just really bad chronic digestion.

@davidjb Thank you for posting this. I have the exact same issue and was actually thinking about posting something similar. I got to the point of wondering if I am just perpetually bloated. I guess it's j

@davidjb Apparently tight hip flexors can do this. The tightnesa pulls the hips forwarc therefore exaggerating the pooch.
I have this pooch also and am weaker in the lower abs than upper so am working on that.
Hopefully that will get rid of the pot belly!

@davidjb I have the exact same tummy. Even when I was underweight from an eating disorder my belly pouch wouldn't budge. I hate it but I try not to focus on it... It's just me. Maybe lifting will help get rid of it, maybe not. Time will tell but I'll try and be happy with the results either way.