I’m response to my last post: what’s that one food that you know is good for you or is a lower calorie option that you just refuse to eat?

@freddied You need to try Paneer - Indian pressed cottage cheese. It comes in a block like tofu, and you can season it and grill it.
Not chunky or wet, just chewy and firm. Reminds me of a cross between cheese curds in poutine and mozzarella.

Even better, grill it and add it to cooked spinach with spices to make the best use of spinach as one redditor recommends above. Look up Saag Paneer.

@chaplain777 I dunno. Spinach has vitamin A iirc and combing it with a fat improves absorption, so I think you are on to something by refusing to eat it raw. Ditto on if you mixed it with something that has vitamin c. That's just improved iron absorption .

@chaplain777 I agree re: protein powders. Maybe if I ate dairy I could find a whey one that I like, but all the vegan ones are nasty. I especially hate the grainy textures and stevia and monkfruit aftertastes. I eat No Cow protein bars instead. There is one brand making bioengineered vegan whey, but it’s expensive enough that I haven’t tried it yet.

@dawn16 I keep trying to like them but they’re just wrong! I feel like it would be fine for additional protein in smoothies or even mixed with ice cream or something, but just mixed with water the flavor and texture are all wrong.

@csh97 I mix up spicy peanut sauce with rice vinegar, coconut aminos, Sriracha, and PB2. I also toss it in a smoothie with chocolate protein powder and banana, and add some to pancakes for chocolate chip banana pancakes with PB flavor.

Plain....it's like it's from the Medium Place from The Good Place: something great that's been ruined by demons.

@chaplain777 Beans of any kind. Its a texture thing. For a while I was trying to severely restrict my meat consumption to one day a week so I was looking up vegetarian recipes and it was BEANS everywhere. No thanks.

@chaplain777 Hard boiled eggs and canned/pouched tuna are mine. Just CANNOT. Both are supposedly good for you and good to have as protein sources, but I can’t confirm this because I won’t eat them. I find both of them to be absolutely off putting.

I’ll eat a tuna steak or tuna sushi, and I’ll eat eggs prepared almost any other way but boiled, though. Go figure.

@mikedo My husbands the same way! Tuna salad and crackers is one of my comfort foods from growing up, but I only eat it when he’s not at home bc even the smell grosses him out lol. He also hates the smell of hard boiled eggs. I get it, they’re both pretty off putting tbf

Back