I want to strict press 32kg

@hcwewvcw02 Thanks! I was following a full body routine at the time, I'd train 3 days a week and did a few cardio days too, mainly just snatching intervals. It was a structured program though and I had been lifting in and out of the gym for around 12 years at that time. Throughout which I've done a lot of pressing movements too. There's surely lots of different things that helped get the result, but I do think the weighted pressing bodyweight lifts helped most as well as the bottom up presses. I remember I would also try and static hold the 40kg and 32kg bell in the bottom up press position sometimes and I bet that must have helped too with the 20kg bottom up presses. Good luck, you can do it!

@hcwewvcw02 Not that hard if you supplement with other tools. I was training with barbells and dumbbells quite a bit when I moved from 50 lbs to 70.

If you only have those 2 bells? Harder.

How hard is it for you to use the bigger bell?

@hcwewvcw02 I think you warm up every workout with a couple minutes of that to get used to handling the bell.

If you can do TGUs with it, incorporate that frequently.

Do lots of presses with the lighter bell.

@hcwewvcw02 Start doing bottoms up pressing with the 20kg. If you're able to hold the 32 and 20 together do racked holds. Increase volume of training. Once everything is getting stupid easy you can do overhead holds with the 32 and then do some negatives. That's a massive jump but keep at it, would be curious to hear how it goes. Also, start doing 32kg tgu when able to safely do so.

@nalowa But then I won't have the ability to do my floor press which I can bang out 6*5 with the 32s or my one arm rows. Unfortunately in Israel we pay about double for kettlebells than Europe or USA.

@hcwewvcw02 I wouldn't recommend it that big of a jump. The usual is 24 and 32, while I made my transition easier with a 28.

You can try to make your 20 feel heavier by doing kneeling or lung presses for volume, but I don't have the data to say it will work for a 32 press attempt.

Another way is by doing negatives. You jerk the 32, then pull it down. However, I am not sure about your current core or shoulder stability, so really play with your 20 (volume press, volume cleans, volume lunges, etc.) for maybe 30 training days before attempting a 32kg jerk to keep it safe.

Back