I was promised endorphins

@romans5to8 What kind of exercise were you doing back when you felt energized? How does that compare to your routine now?

What were you doing outside the gym during that time? How does that compare to what you do now?

Like, were you a runner and now you only lift? Were you walking all around campus or the neighborhood but now you're at a desk all day? Look for the differences in those areas, not just your diet and such.

@romans5to8 I have a feeling that you are restricting your self too much. I am a 5’3 female and currently aiming for at least 150g of protein per day. I was restricting way too much late last year/earlier this year and my energy was in the gutter. I was loosing fat and muscle, my numbers at the gym too a HUGE dip. I am currently just a couple hundred cals under maintenance and seeing so much better results. My number at the gym went back up and my fat percentage has been going down! You should also try getting one to two more hours of sleep. Anything below 7 hours is not enough sleep.

@tisoh I’m glad I’m not alone. I thought something was wrong with me until my therapist said the same thing (other goals and maybe I won’t get enough endorphins to notice).

@tisoh Yeah, while consistent exercise raises my general mood, I do not feel good during or after it. It makes me tired. Particularly after having had Covid.

I think the endorphins tend to require fairly intense cardio for an extended period of time as well, which I physically can't handle anyway.

@tisoh I don't get them at all. It makes exercise difficult because so many people just say "oh you just need to find a movement you enjoy" but I don't enjoy any of them. I have never left exercise invigorated or happy, no matter how long I did something.

I just had to accept I will never get the happy chemicals for doing the thing and that exercise is just another chore to do.

@romans5to8 I never get an endorphin rush. With ANYTHING. Not running, not fast walking for an hour, not weightlifting for two hours. I’ve given up the ghost. Don’t think my body does that.