IMO, the sub name has to be changed. 90% of the posts here are in the wrong sub

@kerri101 I agree and wouldn’t mind either if it wasn’t for the fact that MOST posts here are in the wrong place. At times it doesn‘t even feel like the correct sub anymore.

@kerri101 Perhaps it's because they are on mobile? Doesn't help people have to use the shit official app now, but the vast Vast majority of users on Reddit visit it from their phone, the app (any of them tbh) is horrible at showing the bio/info/wiki for the sub. I think the bio of a sub should be front and center so you know what it's about And subs should be required to actually make a functional bio and not just post a joke or a couple of words. Let me know where the fuck I'm at please.

@marvin54 Almost 4 million subs. We got new years resolutioners trying to shake things up. Most people refuse to read an FAQ or wiki these days. These are just facts of life. Report, block, ignore the idiots. Mods will do what they can but its a huge numbers battle with a sub this size.

Changing the name makes 0 sense and likely isnt even possible. Go to a diff calisthenics subs for a while as things settle back to normal post new years.

@marvin54 I agree; this subreddit is so quick to delete posts and funnel people to daily threads that get almost no engagement. Almost 4 million members, and you can barely get a discussion going. It's one thing if it's a basic question you want answered; you can probably just find that somewhere. But when it comes to a back and forth on a topic, it's hard to get that on this sub.

@saecerdos Agreed. I'm too busy to go finishing thru any sub's daily post in hopes of stumbling across something relevant. Mods and posting guidelines are supposed to friction from extraneous cognitive load to encourage engagement in relevant topics. It's just not happening with the way things are run now.

@marvin54 Completely agree and what’s more, a lot of the weight/body posts seem to stem from a poor body image instead of an interest in bw fitness. Most of those issues posted won’t be fixed by any amount of squats or pull-ups.

@marvin54 I needed advice and support regarding burpees, but post got removed for the same reason you mention here. It made feel a bit left out and I lost motivation.

I don't know all the fitness or exercise subs but maybe they need

R Weightlossfitness

If there is none that is made for specifically weight loss.

@marvin54 Wow, I followed this sub for calisthenics stuff and you’re right. All the posts I see right now are about gym motivation and weight loss. I’m unsubbing from this sub now. Thanks for pointing it out, idk how I didn’t notice.

@marvin54 Well most subreddits evolve and create their own unique little culture. This one here started as calisthenics but it has evolved to a more workout from home type fitness.

It really happens to a lot of forums and subs in general. How niche communities form.