Mark Rippetoe says: she needs to be placed in sexual slavery

@meow69 Considering what’s happening in powerlifting right now, it seems like it’s overdue to hold people like this accountable in the community and not make “Aw shucks he’s just being a boy” excuses for bad behavior

@dawn16 You can return it.

Alex Bromley's book Base Strength has a far better approach to beginner strength training and there are a lot better instructionals for the main lifts. I really think the Starting Strength approach to training is toxic, it's polemic and narrow minded. Just like the creator.

@meow69 Thank you for the suggestion, I'll definitely check that one instead. I got it from Amazon so I'm gonna see if I can return it... I can't stomach looking at the book on my shelf anymore

@meow69 You're not over thinking this, he's a piece of shit. He maybe didn't used to be, maybe he was just hiding it, I don't know. But he's certainly a piece of shit now and that's what matters.

@meow69 I actually haven’t seen this stuff being handwaved recently - all references to him on /r/fitness I have seen recently (anecdotal, obviously) have involved people pointing out he is a huge piece of shit and warnings to not visit his YouTube channel.