Most impressive weighted muscle ups

thomaslowrens

I have looked for the weighted muscle up world record but I'm not sure what it is. So here are some of the best examples I have found on Youtube, feel free to share more impressive heavy muscle ups in the comments.
  • Edit from the future: David Pham +45kg/100lbs ring muscle up at 65kg/143lbs bodyweight. That's +70% bodyweight! Can also do 2 reps with 40kg.
  • Edit: Valeo Novikov, weighs 76kg/167lbs, on a bar does 2 reps +35kg/77lbs and one with +40kg/88lbs, slightly more kip than Sai Ngo but perfect symmetry, here.
  • Heaviest bar muscle up, some chicken winging but no kip: +40kg/88lbs Sai Ngo.
  • Edit from the future: Vadym Oleynik, +40kg/88lbs on a bar here.
  • Bar muscle up, perfect form +32kg/66lbs: Max True.
  • Another perfect bar muscle up +32kg: Street Workout Munster.
  • Another perfect bar muscle up +32kg: Ranjit Bhachu.
  • Heaviest ring muscle up: Adam Raw, 95kg bodyweight + 40kg (219lbs + 88lbs).
  • 73kg bodyweight + 30kg (160lbs + 66lbs) clean bar muscle up by Zod.
  • Ross Edgley, 100kg bodyweight + 20kg 2 reps. So 220lbs + 44lbs and almost no kip.
  • +34kg/74lbs bar muscle up with some struggle by dwrkk.
  • The heaviest man I have seen doing a muscle up, D3Hundred. Plenty of kip, almost looking like a glide kip, but this man did it at 300lbs + 40lbs vest, so 135kg+18kg, here. Can also do unweighted with moderate kip, so don't give up if you are heavy.

About 3 years. I was just too weak for the load and my friend kept insisting "i got this".

I focus a lot on mobility now.

@dawn16 Meaning don't listen to friends who say "you got this" if you don't think you have this. A lot of times when people are first starting out lifting, they'll assume their friends are right because they lift often and probably know their stuff. Then an injury happens.

Of course it was encouragement. We were always competitive with each other. I never blamed him, so dont assume the worst of me. We laugh about it now.

Only just to know your body.

@thomaslowrens I do that all the time (totally relaxing at the bottom of a pull-up).

It's not an issue if your shoulders are prepared for it. We were encouraged to do full dead hangs on each pull-up in my gymnastics class.

The issue is pushing too much progress too fast.

@dawn16 A passive hang is not the same as falling into that position with too much momentum. I agree that it is good to start each pull up from a dead hang.

I was asking him if he fell into that position in a jerky way, which would make sense as a cause of injury, while stopping smoothly would probably always prevent injury.

@dawn16 Passive hangs actually cure shoulder issues for some people, but when coming down from a pull up you need to brake with your muscles, else the braking will be done by the connective tissue, potentially tearing it.

@thomaslowrens This sounds probable. My muscles had to be inactive for my socket to take the hit.

I used to dead hang to stretch all the time. Ive been wary of it since, but its all in my mind. My shoulder is near new again.

@thomaslowrens I know I was in a dead hang, but maybe I made some progress before I slacked again. When I think of it, that seems more plausible than tearing it on the way up.