Official Discussion: Quick and Thick / Double Grace

@dmshogfan No doubt, I'm a fan of her being Canadian, also she is pretty hot. But those last 3 reps were exactly the same as the first two no reps. It's sad cause that's gonna taint her victory.

@aquinsky 135 is baby weight for above average CrossFitters. On top of that, power cleans and push jerks are accessory work for Olympic weightlifting, so technically they aren't even Olympic lifts. Anyone that thinks this is dangerous for these athletes, or really anyone that has training, has no idea what they are talking about.

@porcelainsoul
Anyone that thinks this is dangerous for these athletes, or really anyone that has training, has no idea what they are talking about.

Anything can be dangerous when your body is in severe state of fatigue. 60 reps of a movement that requires complex coordination? That can absolutely be dangerous for these guys.

@soccercoach Most sports can be dangerous. People just want to complain about things they don't understand. I don't think this is any more dangerous than someone throwing a 100 mph fastball In your general direction, running a marathon in 85 plus degree weather, or a 250lb line backer hitting you as hard as they possibly could. This is the highest level of this particular sport. Stop whimpering and enjoy the entertainment.

@porcelainsoul So your argument went from "this isn't dangerous, shut up" to "lots of things are dangerous, shut up".

Stop whimpering and enjoy the entertainment.

I don't want to see someone throw a 100mph fastball 4 feet outside the strike zone, or a marathon runner in 85 degree weather who is walking at the back of the pack, or a 250lb linebacker hitting the QB 30 seconds after the play. I want to see the highest level of the sport.

@soccercoach My personal opinion is that it is not dangerous. Could a freak accident happen. Sure. Is it unlikely, yes. My point is that there are far more dangerous things that people do on a regular basis.