Reached 53.4 KG but Still Have Belly Fat

@typingsound Care less about how your body looks, care more about what it can do. Some belly fat is perfectly healthy. Be kind to yourself when you look in the mirror. You look fine. Body dysmorphia is more common than people would like to admit. If you build muscle and strength in the rest of your frame the belly would stand out less.

@typingsound I know you say you don’t THINK you have body dysmorphia, but what you’re describing and displaying here is borderline characteristics of body dysmorphia. And I understand if that hard to come to terms with at first, but you have to learn that where you are now is actually really good and not “unhealthy” or “unsightly” at all. Keep lifting, track your calories, and learn to get out of your own head. You’re doing great.

@typingsound people notices things like this only if you draw attention to it.

i would suggest:
  • Positive thinking about your body image (there is evidence lot of stress causes belly fat too).
  • Proceed with bulking up. It will make it less pronounced.

@typingsound You barely have any belly fat; it’s mostly skin. If you highlight one tiny bit of anyone in a closeup you’re gonna see something. There’s nothing “unhealthy” about that amount. I’d understand if you’re trying to be stage ready, but that doesn’t seem to be the case. People don’t walk around 4% everyday, that’s peak physique that lasts a few days. You’re not a skinny 16-year old, malnourished, or training for a comp. You actually look great and are leaner than most people. Body dysmorphia is a helluva drug.

@dawn16 This comment, this is the one. That isn’t fat at all, it is loose skin and it is nothing to be ashamed about. Fat doesn’t really pinch like that. How much weight have you lost? Did you specifically show your trainer this? Because they really should have known that.

As we get older, skin loses some of its ability to shrink with the body, especially when losing weight and putting on muscle in a short amount of time. And since muscle is more dense than fat, doing both leaves even more room for loose skin to become apparent. You are doing just fine man. Get into lifting and get used to the fact that you look good!

@typingsound You're ~5'10" at under 120lbs

I'm 5'11" at 175lbs and my abs do show and I am lean muscular.

I don't do the cut phase//bulk phase thing. I just eat food and train.

You need to add muscle, build up. Not lose more weight. At 5'10 and under 120lbs, whatever weight you lose will likely be....I don't even know, but if you add muscle, it will eat fat....I think, I'm not a scientist. If what you are pinching is loose skin, adding muscle may stretch it out, making not so loose.

@typingsound Remember, elite athletes have wayyyy more bodyfat than fitness models. To get the zero-stomach-fat look, you have to diet well past the point of extremely reduced athletic performance. Humans were meant to have that line of fat in the belly.

Fitness models dont even look like that year round. They starve themselves for shoots.

@typingsound First, it doesn’t even really look like fat especially in the pic where you pinch it. Fat is gonna be thicker, tbh it looks like extra skin. Building muscle should help redistribute the extra skin as well, making it tighter/less loose.

And if you really are concerned about fat, building muscle affects your metabolism, and helps you burn more fat while at rest. Trust your trainer and bulk up.