Spiraling down a pandemic depression hole so I bought a treadmill

@godzillla What's good idea! Set it near a window or in the garage to enjoy fresh air or rig up a desk or way to watch your favorite show! I hope you find some relief, what,hard way to spend ten months.

@godzillla It’s a great purchase!! I’ve had mine for a number of years now and I love it. I walk/ walk on an incline / jog / do hiit intervals while listening to my favourite music. I am always - ALWAYS - in a better mood when I’m done!

@godzillla I try to treat my workouts like they are mandatory work meetings that can't be rescheduled. Write down in your schedule that you need to spend such and such amount of time, at a specific time, every day. Because self-care IS mandatory.

btw, great thing about walking on the treadmill while in quarantine is if you must have a virtual doctors appointment or something you can do both at the same time!

@godzillla Walking is beneficial! Even if it is one minute to start with. I don't know how severe your depression is, but if it is deep and one minute is all you do- that is okay! There will be other days that you will do a minute and decide you can do more!

@godzillla Echoing what some others mentioned, try committing to turning it on and walking on it everyday, even if only for 10 seconds. You might find that once you’re on it and moving, you’ll go for a minute. So on and so forth. Dick Van Dyke committed to going to gym everyday no matter what. Sometimes he would get through the doors and turn around a go home. But the minimum effort usually leads to more.

@godzillla No that sounds like a great idea! Why don’t you also buy the adjustable weights? They have some on amazon that adjust from 5 pounds to 80 pounds, and can even connect into a larger barbell for deadlifts and hip thrusts. Trust me it’s worth it!!