Stuck in the 230s for bench press

@worship4him Oh, it sounded like you are doing powerlifting style in bench because you said for every flat bench session you're doing 4x4. Yeah some do it that way and once they have reached a certain weight increase the reps for hypertrophy.

@harley Yea I’m ngl, I’m not too deep into weight lifting and I don’t really know how powerlifters would workout cs how body builders would workout. I just workout while being a CS student. But I’m trying to get more dedicated and involved now. Thank you

@worship4him I’m 5’7 and 190lbs trying to put up 3 plates by Xmas. Currently I’m at 275 for 3 sets of 5 up from 275 being my max earlier this year. I focus on progressive overload and change up my rep schemes. I’ll do 3 sets of 8 and then next week 4 sets of 8, then the next week I’ll do 4 sets of 4 sometimes 3 sets of 3 you get the idea. What’s helped me the most is pause reps. I find good strength gains when I do 1 or 2 sets of paid reps on bench where one rep consists of a pause half way and at the bottom. So you pause 3 times. Once on the way down, once at the bottom, once halfway up. I mix it up in my workouts by varying the weight and total pause repetitions. Hope this can help you too!

Back