Things you eat everyday

@runningwithfire I doubt there is a food that I eat every day, without fail, other than water. But these are foods I eat almost every day, less because of a specific nutritional content, more because they just fit into my diet broadly, they're relatively cheap, and they're versatile:

Fats: Peanut butter, almond butter, olive oil

Carbs: oats, brown rice, whole wheat toast

Proteins: soy milk, tofu, chickpeas, protein powder

Fruits and veggies: bananas, apples, frozen berries, broccoli, peppers, cabbage

@runningwithfire A variety to meet my macros. Mostly, I've been making

Grilled Tofu Cutlets (Super firm tofu frozen over night, then mariaded overnight)
They are easy protein to add to anything like salads and wraps.

Seitan variations, seasoned well and sliced. Can be used in sandwiches, roasts, salads. Can be flavored as you wish so you can make Gyro, "deli meats", anything more "meaty" textured. Also a very good choice for 100% protein.

Seitan nuggets are another good one and ready in 30 minutes :)

Seitan buns poof up so you can load them with your favorite dip.

Noochy Kale Salads with tofu cutlets, hemp seeds and avocado

Grains: Quinoa, Supergrains, Farro, sometimes rice

Beans, lentils of all kinds, Chickpeas

Fresh veggies for crudite or salads

@aussiegal007 Working on it.
  • 2c Anthony's Organic Vital Whest Gluten -2lb bag available on Amazon
  • 1c Organic Chickpea Flour (Braggs)
  • 1/2c Nutritional Yeast (Braggs- more nutrient dense compared to other brands)
  • Spices: 1 Not Chkn' Boullion, Cumin, Coriander, Mushroom blend, Pepper
  • 2c Vegetable Broth (more or less as needed to make a dough)
  • Coconut Aminos
  • Vegan Wurstchester Sauce
  • Sesame Oil
  • Liquid Smoke
Mix all ingredients together to form a sticky dough. Knead 5-10min by hand or less with machine. Rest dough 10min
  • At this point, you can break off pieces to steam for nuggets or form a log and simmer in vegetable broth either on stove top for 1.5hrs or in the oven at 400F. You can also wrap the log in parchment then foil before either cooking method. (Not needed for nuggets)
Each cooking method has a different texture so try out ways to see what you like.

@runningwithfire i eat 2/3 of a block of extra firm tofu daily, 3 scoops of vega protein powder, 2 cups of soy milk, 1 cup of oats, brown rice, nuts, potatoes, frozen peas & carrots, pb2. some of my staples!