Ugh. Didn’t complete the scaled version and feel like a failure

@ilovejesus56129 I feel this , I’m almost 2 years into crossfit and I finished 165 RX at my gyms Friday night lights 🫠🫠 I was like pretty sure I was ATLEAST gonna finish it so I was pretty bummed at first but honestly I’m taking it as a learning lesson. Have to learn how to control my breathing and pacing better especially when I’m performing ugh lol much better then I ever could have done last year tho :,)

@ilovejesus56129 I managed 173, you’re not a failure, you just have a goal to work towards. Develop your schedule, push towards improving and know you can improve for the next one.

BTW, this was my first, I am broken but feel good that I pushed myself through it even though everything in my body was screaming stop! And I did it with the pros in our box who completed in 10-12 minutes.

BTW, I scaled also.

@ilovejesus56129 The only valid comparison is you vs you a year ago. I think my first Fran was 13+ min and over time snuck down into the 3min range. I’ve been doing it for a while now and I’m back in the 4s, but the point it, for a long long time I’ve been better than my previous self and that’s all that matters.

@ilovejesus56129 Look I did it and timed out as well 172 reps Rx men. We can all make excuses. Don't down play what you just did. It's your journey! Be proud of showing up! If you retry it that's great. I have a feeling this one will show up again down the line somewhere. Your not a failure and anyone who tries wins!

@ilovejesus56129 All my friends finished a good minute ahead of me and normally I’m right on pace with them or slightly ahead. It’s been bugging me all night. I too feel like a failure! Which is absolutely crazy because I’ve been doing CrossFit for one year and I just got 12:21 in my first RX open workout. Sometimes nothing ever feels good enough. At the end of the day, YOU put in the work and YOU should be proud of YOURSELF. You’re not a failure. You’re much stronger than you were before you did it. This workout was insane and I’m gonna be feeling this for days 😂

Also, there will always be people much better than us and even more people who are much worse than us! The only competition is within yourself!

@ilovejesus56129 I hope that you feel some encouragement from the comments here. One way to think about it, is that a year ago, you probably couldn't have done 171 reps, and this year, you did. Getting better a little at a time, day by day. There was a guy at our gym that missed the last burpee, one more rep to go, and couldn't get it in time, but everyone was cheering him on and giving him props afterward. I didn't want to do the workout, I was nervous about it, and just wasn't feeling it. But, I did it, and I was glad that I showed up for myself and pushed through. I'm proud of you and your 171 reps, props to you, friend.

@ilovejesus56129 The commitment, but mostly the joy of doing it will get you to whatever goals you have.

It's one of the finest and enjoyable ride you Will ever get :
Testing yourself
Knowing your body and mindset
Catching up the evolution

Just give up

@ilovejesus56129 Scale and RX were roughly the same workout. I could have been snatching a pvc pipe and I’m not sure I would have gone that much faster. I did well enough to feel good about it. Even if I’m in the top 25% at the end of round 3, did you see quarters last year? Those workouts were insane. Guys in the gym did it and I wouldn’t even bother.

I still think 90 burpees in 15 minutes with the jump isn’t terrible for anyone. It’s a lot of burpees.