UPDATE: girly home gym completed

@benf What I do on my carpet is use one of those grippy-bottomed yoga towels. (Yogi-toes is the brand I have). It stays put on the carpet, has a good surface so you dont slide (i used to use it on top of my yoga mat b/c I get too sweaty and slide around otherwise), and it protects your carpet from your sweat!

@separatedsince2009 Not OP, but I currently have carpet. I think it depends on what you're doing. I kind of like it for floor work (yoga, planks, etc) because I don't need a mat. It has more grip if my hands are getting a bit sweaty. On the flip side, I have a Peloton and it was a huge pain in the ass to get that thing to be sturdy since the carpet is kind of plush.

@moonlightdreamer Thanks! I guess grip is a little annoying, but you can place a grippy yoga mat over it and hopefully it will stay sturdy? I can imagine having heavier equipment on carpet is difficult... hopefully you got a nice equipment mat and/or have figured it out!

@separatedsince2009 I tried using the Peloton mat and it wasn't enough on its own to create a steady surface since the carpet underneath still has give. So we were able to basically build a hard plywood surface to put underneath the mat. It gets the job done.

Had already from random places :
  • two 5lb plates, 10lb plate, 10lb kettlebell, two 10lb dumbbells, ab ball, random decor on cube organizer, gym bags, yoga stretching strap
Target:
  • cube organizer, air purifier/fan, yoga blocks, tone it up 3 & 5lb dumbbells, sheer curtain, no screws curtain rod, circle twinkle lights (Christmas sale woohoo)
Ross:
  • blue storage bin (the thing holding the white pictures I have yet to put up lol), belt organizer (holding glute bands)
TJ Maxx / Homegoods
  • essential oil diffuser (still in box lol), giant mirror, fairy lights, 3 photos/wall art, jump rope, manual hand held muscle roller/massager, yoga mat, foam roller, dog bed
Amazon

@amcruz It really wasn’t that hard. I’m out of town but will be back We’d/thurs If I remember I can see if I can take pics for you of the screws

Def email them tho, they may give you a refund.

RemindME! 4 days “reply to this thread”

@kashanali897 Figured it out this morning! Looks good but I do need to straighten up the seat cushion.
Thanks though!
And for the fact I got it used, and replaced the fasteners for about... 6 bucks?... I'm fine with it!

Back